Yankees @ Astros, March 30, 2024

T9:

Hader in

Cabrera strikes out swinging
Grisham strikes out swinging
Torres walks
Soto taps back to the mound

5-3 Yankees

I say tomorrow we start Hader and let him go all nine.

1 Like

B9:

Astros need a pair…

Holmes in

Diaz hacking…bounces out 5-3
Abreu grounds out 6-3
Peña hit by pitch, surprisingly didn’t swing at it
Peña takes 2B
Dubon bounces out 6-3

Shit Show #3 in the books

This team will be lucky to finish at .500 with the current roster.

Absolutely dogshit.

Revising my Lid number to 12.

1 Like

We have gifted the Yankees their best season-opening record in 21 years. That’s pretty embarrassing.

4 Likes

First 3 games recap

Javier = good
Hader = good
Other 24 guys = total gag job

1 Like

I’d give Brown an ok.

1 Like

my optimism is waning…

1 Like

Positive signs and some negatives

1 Like

Now I’m just hoping to be out of the RFTL by the All-Star break.

1 Like

He kept his composure well when dealing with errors and baserunners from weak contact. He has to learn the value of using your defense to keep his pitch count low and work deeper in games. Four innings isn’t enough.

The offense will be fine

Abreu and Pressly will be fine

The rotation could be fine

The middle relief is the main issue I am really concerned about. The guys they currently have are not it.

1 Like

I’m not convinced that the offense will be fine. This is a year older version of a team that was a little old last year, especially the 1B.

3 Likes

They were a top 5 offense last year while missing Altuve for half the year. Even with regression, they aren’t going to be what we have seen these first 3 games

Starting … now

And I’m not convinced the rotation will be fine. It’s entirely possible that Framber will be a head case from here on out.

2 Likes

Alvarez also missed 48 games last year and Yainer Diaz was a part time player. The offense is the least of my concerns.

Rafael Montero, Tayler Scott, Seth Martinez and Parker Mushinski having to be a bridge to Bryan Abreu is the elephant in the room. Hopefully, they get JV back soon and Ronel Blanco can become a bullpen weapon instead of a sixth starter.

1 Like

Martinez is a perfectly adequate big league pitcher who would be fine as a 6th man in the bullpen

Montero has all the arm talent to be great but I don’t trust him

Scott and Mushinski are simply not big league pitchers

Maybe letting go of 3 quality bullpen arms and only adding 1 was not a great plan

2 Likes

I agree on all points. Montero should be the bridge guy but he’s too damn inconsistent with his command. They should have brought Stanek, Neris or Maton back with Hader after the Graveman injury. Stanek only got $4M from Seattle.

At this point, I’d see if I could salary dump Montero’s contract if that will free up the budget necessary to go get two or three more quality arms via trade or free agency.