Yankees @ Astros, March 30, 2024

Nobody in baseball is touching that contract unless you’re attaching a high level prospect to him.

Crane just needs to nut up and spend what money it requires to add another arm

Going over the tax to get Hader means nothing if you can’t get him a lead in the 9th

4 Likes

It’s not just that Abreu may be washed, it’s that the options behind him are Jack and shit.

If Dubon can be taught how to play the position, I can live with him there as a short-term, bandaid solution. His bat has really improved. You could also call Joey Loperfido up.

Singleton certainly shouldn’t be on the big league roster.

Dubon’s bat is insufficient to an everyday 1b

1 Like

I like Dubon. He is not an everyday player to rely on. He is perfect for the role he has now but no more than that. If Abreu isn’t your 1B then it has to be Loperfido or we really are up shit creek at that spot

4 Likes

It is, but it’s better than this version of Jose Abreu and that’s what I care about. Yainer Diaz’s bat is well above average for a catcher. Same with Altuve and 2B.

In a perfect world, Dubon is the utility guy starting three or times a week.

The Astros are already up shit creek at 1B with this version of Jose Abreu. At this point, I’ll just settle for quality at bats on a more consistent basis. If that’s Loperfido, great. But, if it means Dubon starts for Abreu on occasion, I’m fine with that, too.

Either Abreu figures it out fast or others have to be given a chance.

I guess it could be worse…

2 Likes

Despite that, the White Sox have played one fewer game than that Astros but have scored only two fewer runs.

This 1000%

2 Likes