Yankees @ Astros, March 30, 2024

T8:

Pressly in

Rizzo strikes out swinging
Verdugo grounds out 4-3
Volpe…3-0…3-1…homers to LF
Wells strikes out swinging

Middle of eight…5-3 Yankees

Is a team absolutely required to play home games?

This team got worse in every sense of the game, and it’s glaringly obvious against a really meh Yankees team that is beating their ass.

Fuck this whole system. It’s pathetic how terrible they look.

Middle of this order has to get off their dicks. Right now.

Yep, my hope for this season feels more like I’m just searching for fools gold.

It’s too early to say that, but losing leads in three straight games is about as bad a start as they could have had.

1 Like

It would be nice if the Astros’ offense remembered how to score runs.

It really isn’t. Everything about this series has shown what an absolute shit show this off season ended up being.

The current makeup of this team is a flaming bag of dog shit against a not very good AL East team.

The Astros are 5-30 with runners in scoring position this season. Yuck.

And I think this is the biggest problem. Yes, Framber and the pen have been shit, but this team for some reason can’t hit in this park. The second this team hit the road, I’d blow that fucking batter’s eye up in center and hang the biggest black sheet in the world back there to hit against. It’s mental for this team in this park and something needs to change. And I’d throw anything and everything at the problem.

2 Likes

B8:

Alvarez grounds out 3-1
Tucker flies out F9
Bregman strikes out swinging

Again…one strike thrown all inning…three outs

5-3 Yankees.

Well, the Yankees have six or seven Cy Young candidates, so it’s understandable.

They’re not going to score as long as they continue to just be non-competitive at the plate. Yankee pitchers are throwing 10 balls to every strike, and the Astros are just hacking.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind kicking them out of town for a good month or two.

1 Like

The Astros are playing terribly, and there are certainly warning signs, so far. That said, three games out of 162 is too early to declare this team is going to struggle to break .500, make the playoffs, etc.

So who is Singleton hitting for in the 9th???

Agreed. The team is a mess right now.

If Espada hits Singleton over McCormick, he should be drug tested.

1 Like

Bull. Fucking. Shit. The pitching staff has been trash with any and every leas on top of how bad the batting has been.

It really isn’t. If this team is relying on Mushinski and Tayler whatever to hold the 7th, this team is fucked.

The offense is dogshit, and the pitching staff is worse.