World Series

Honestly, it would have been rougher than that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually pretty delicious. ā€œMy team just had their historic season punked, but all I can think about is another team from five years agoā€. I hope that kind of butt hurt keeps them up at night for the rest of their miserable lives.

5 Likes

Plaschke Is not someone you want rooting for your team.

Josh Reddick is a good and honest man. I believe him. I will always admire him for paying for the building of baseball fields in Savannah. Oh, and Fuck the Dodgers.

3 Likes

God bless Josh Reddick:

3 Likes

While October is historically the driest month of the year in the mid Atlantic with crisp, clear days and cool nights, next week will be a bit iffy. A weekending low will be moving out of the southeast, but instead of it, being a consolidated, organized storm, it will be a strung out mess of low pressures as the storm dissipates. The good thing there is, there wonā€™t be much or any moderate or heavy rain. The bad thing is those disorganized, dissipating systems are typically slow to move out and spit out showers over an extended period of time that said, that type of environment typically wonā€™t lead to rainouts. It will typically, instead, mean, a start is delayed an hour as theyā€™re waiting for a shower to move through or there is a break in the game as a shower moves in and then out. I would imagine that that type of environment significantly favors the Astros with their far superior depth in both starting pitching and the relievers.

Hereā€™s the internal forecaster discussion from the Philly NWS office. They are one of the better forecast offices in the National Weather Service portfolio: Sunday night through about Tuesday looks rather unsettled. Guidance continues to show a series of shortwaves moving through over the early part of the week. At the surface, weakening low pressure will come out of the southeast US, moving towards our area. The weak surface low looks to move through sometime Monday. Tried to concentrate the highest PoPs around this time, with Likely PoPs in for the Monday afternoon/Monday evening period. For Monday morning, Tuesday morning, and Tuesday afternoon, went Chc PoPs as some scattered showers will be in the area. Confidence remains low overall for the early part of next week. Daytime Highs/Nighttime lows Sunday Night through Wednesday look to be above normal for late October.

6 Likes

Donā€™t ever leave us again.

5 Likes

Interesting article on Bregman and Nolaā€™s time at LSU together. Roommates with opposite personalities (extroverted and frenetic Alex, introverted and calm Aaron) that had the same drive to succeed. (Maybe behind paywall)

I was just watchin MLB Tonight and HOLY SHIT! If those guys are right, the Astros should go ahead and concede now and save everybody the trouble.

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite different from everything else Iā€™ve seen and listened to. To the extent it makes me very nervous.

2 Likes

Nick Castellanos was rated superior to Kyle Tucker in a position by position comparo, I guess based on postseason performance. Philly had the edge at catcher, 1b, cf, and rf; htn everywhere else

I do find it funny that the fans and media in Yankeeland are going apeshitā€¦ā€œthe Astros kicked our assā€¦fire the manager, fire the GM, the Yankees need to spend a trillion dollars and go beat the Astrosā€¦blah, blah, blah.ā€ The folks in Dodgerland are ā€œthe 2017 Houston Astrosā€¦ā€

How sweet it is.

2 Likes

Not sure if this was mentioned, or how significant it is, but the Phillies will start Nola in Game 1 and Wheeler in Game 2.

As someone who spent a few years living in SoCal among those, self-absorbed, whiny, petulant, unaware, ignorant, arrogant, holier than thou asshat dojer fans, plaschkeā€™s article isnā€™t surprising one bit. Heā€™s a moron of epic proportions and a whiny twat-waffle.
Further, still being based/flying out of LAX even though I donā€™t live in SoCal anymore is wonderful as I walk around the airport or get on my plane with my Astros lanyard for all to see, living rent free in their tiny dojer blue minds.

They may all go slurp shit.

4 Likes

I do not read or listen to any of it for exactly that reason. Play the fucking games and see who wins.

2 Likes

Philadelphia has a real good team. If they win, few will be surprised. Iā€™m glad and grateful for the phenomenal season the Astros have had and that they made it to the World Series. I have no expectations for what is to come.

5 Likes

I will watch it again but I think they gave the Phillies the edge at LF too

They had Schwarber over Mancini ( who has not played LF this pistseason) in LF

And Harper over Yordan at DH.

Totally spun.

Nice color coordination!

Predicting baseball is simple:

You canā€™t do it.

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦

Is this the Astrosā€™ preference or a reaction to Yankee bitching?