World Series

The Phillies are definitely hot.

7-0 is hot, too.

3 Likes
1 Like

Iassogna is crew chief? Dear lord.

Overall this crew isnā€™t awful, but yeah.

Itā€™s a shame we canā€™t just let Hoberg call behind the play for all the games.

Hoberg does game 2 right? Or do I have it backwards (or otherwise absurdly wrong)?

I believe thatā€™s right, but Iā€™m not sure what the fuck the letter and number designations are there for together.

I have a very unladylike comment on the tips of my fingers to type, but Iā€™m a lady.

Dodgers looking for attention.

1 Like

Fuck those douchenozzles.

6 Likes

I think the letters refer to their rotation position, as in where they go next. Normally theyā€™re assigned A, B, C and D and rotate to the next position the next game. But with a six-man crew in a 7-game series, one ump is not on the field each night, but heā€™s still in the rotation. So for Game 1, Umpire A (Hoye) will start at HP, but Game 2 heā€™ll move to position G, which is right field. Heā€™ll move to position F for Game 3, and so-on so that heā€™s Umpire B (Reserve) in Game 7. So they rotate RF-LF-3B-2B-1B-Reserve-HP, but the letters are sort of backwards as they move G to A, not A to G. Clear as mud, right?

The ratio on Twitter to his pearl clutching is pretty hilarious.

But, yes, as AFIBD said, fuck those losers.

Did Microsoft come up with this scheme?

1 Like

Those guys were the Wuhan of the Spider Tack pandemic, but theyā€™re still talking shit?

1 Like

ā€œAltuve was the primary benefactorā€ pretty well summarizes the amount of thought that went into that piece.

Plaschke can go sit on a broom. The Dodgers have repeatedly shown that theyā€™re more than capable of blowing a postseason series all by themselves. Furthermore, I donā€™t believe for one second that the Dodgers (and others) werenā€™t doing similar things.

1 Like

I am not a lady.
Bill Plaschke is a hack and always has been. I use to watch around the horn a long time ago and he is the whiniest fucker I may have ever seen on TV. He writes at least one, ā€œthe Dodgers got cheatedā€ story a year. The LA times sports section seems to be a shitshow. That is the same paper that printed a story saying that the team with the best record should go straight to the world series because ā€œthe Dodgers are so much better than any other teamā€

And that is aside from that the guy is a fucking moron. Every time I see him speak somebody else is correcting him because he canā€™t keep his ā€œfactsā€ straight. Fuck em all, but him most of all. God I wish the Dodgers had made it so the Astros could sweep those cocksuckers too.

3 Likes

So that article was not a spoof?

Josh Reddick has said repeatedly that when he was a Dodger they were doing exactly the same shit.

7 Likes

Not on purpose

was it ā€œfuck those guys and their whole cityā€?