White Sox @ Astros, June 18, 2021

Remember when Billy Wagner threw 94-95 and we all oohed and ahhed? He’d be the resident crafty lefty soft tosser nowadays.

1 Like

His slider was several ticks higher than 94.

2 Likes

Yuli line drive.

Love it.

What a professional AB by Yuli!

1 Like

Astros win!

1 Like

YORDAN!!

2 Likes

Cuban Connection! Let’s go!

That was a helluva game

1 Like

PIÑA PEDAL!

That was a great jump by Yuli

Wow.

What a finish.

Great pitching and timely hitting.

Friday Night Fireworks!

Enjoy

1 Like

These are the kind of wins that tell you how good the Astros can be. They had no business beating Rodon tonight, but they found a way because Garcia battled his ass off, Stanek found his April form, and Pressly was his usual solid self. Throw in some timely hitting, and you get a win.

7 Likes

Maybe I should investigate the Glenlivet angle.

It does not disappoint.

Yordan’s Cuban accent cracks me up. I don’t know what’s so funny about it, but it’s funny. I remember vividly walking down the street in Miami Beach with my wife and passing a clutch of old dudes playing dominos and arguing and so on and we both just involuntarily started laughing. Like Jim, man, I likes me some Cubans, peloteros and otherwise.

Great call from TK.

As the ball was heading into the corner he was spying Yuli.

Added to the excitement knowing that Yuli was thinking 1st to home the whole time.

2 Likes

The barbershop I went to as a kid was full of those guys. They were usually arguing about baseball.

1 Like

I’m glad James Click was able to work out a two-year contract extension with Yuli last season. He’s the most underrated hitter in the Astros’ lineup when he’s healthy and right at the plate.

5 Likes

I hope he gets another 2 year extension.

1 Like