WBC 2023

Really breaks my brain that I was watching the Czechs play Japan this morning and now I’m watching them play again tonight. I know how it works but it’s still wild

1 Like

Going from the DR/Venezuela atmosphere to Czech Republic/Korea is depressing. Especially when the Czech pitcher can’t throw strikes.

These guys on TV were just talking about Schwarber putting one in the pool.

Italy is moving on.

1 Like

Elbow is an extension of the glove? That’s some seriously fucked up shit.

connected to the glove bone?

2 Likes

Triple for King Tuck!

1 Like

Turned on Puerto Rico–Israel to watch Colton Gordon, but looks like he already got chased. 6-0 PR through 2.

PR pitching perfect through 8 innings against Israel.

And here’s how it ends:

This is pretty cool:

Hopefully the Tigers will issue him some caps that don’t look they were bought in bulk out of a Harwin warehouse.

5 Likes

I saw this, it was indeed special. Kid had a sick change-up that confounded them all. Should have been a 3-up 3-down but Machado reached on a fly ball the left fielder whiffed on, setting up the third k.

Looks like a DR v. PR showdown for runner-up.

Pool C is interesting. Canada & Mexico winner advances. Mexico could advance (ousting the US) with a low-scoring loss and a Colombian upset of the US. A Colombian loss means relegation.

Kelly in deep trouble in the 2nd.

Apparently Angel’s performance behind the plate in VEN v. NIC was pretty bad.

Would’ve been nice to have Cole, Scherzer, deGrom etc. on the club. Lots of the other teams seem to be playing for pride. Wish our pitchers wouldn’t treat it like a burden or a chore.

I agree, but the problem has been sloppy fielding and bad at bats by the offense.

Goddamn two out error by the SS. Second one tonight. Grrrrr!

Pressly saves the day! And the game.

Team USA beats Columbia 3-2 and advances.

A side note, Great Britain avoids relegation and gets the bye into the tournament next time, a nice advancement of their program. Columbia is really too good for relegation, but them’s the breaks.