Video Games

Challenge Accepted :grin:

Makes pot of tea; decides to play “a bit” of RDR2.

Hunts for food, searches for plants and herbs, completes missions, helps strangers, kills some O’Driscolls, contributes to the camp, all the while remembering to cook, eat, craft potions and tonics, brush and feed horse.

In real world, forgets to have lunch and doesn’t have even a single cup of tea.

2 Likes

Yep, you’ve got it nailed.

Reason number one, why I don’t play video games.

Thinking about setting a timer on my Apple Watch so that, if I have an hour to spare, I know when that hour is up.

The game is that absorbing.

If anyone is interested, my son was not among the 1900 layoffs from Blizzard this week.

He said he and his entire team are safe as most of the layoffs were from the development and support staff.

In fact, he said he’s looking at a likely promotion in March. ( dad brag sorry)

7 Likes

I am happy for your son and I am in no way suggesting one is like the other, but I had to post this classic bit of Brent.

It’s amazing. So what chapter are you currently on? Or easier where is the current camp site.

Chapter 2, so at the Overlook. Been debt collecting lately, and trying to expand the map. I have a $5 bounty to pay off for beating to death a debtor’s boyfriend.

Totally worth it.

1 Like

Picked a fight with an O’Driscoll, and was swarmed and killed by half a dozen of the fuckers. Pissed, because it cost me a bear pelt. Must remember to be aware of my cargo before taking on unnecessary fights.

Opened up a lot more of the map, though. Connected with the fence in Emerald Ranch (which I’m guessing is where Colm O’Driscoll is held up). Getting more in tune with the rhythm of the game. Also, I find myself sauntering slowly around the house instead of just walking.

2 Likes

I have been struggling (and failing) to master the Dead Eye system. In looking to YouTube for some help, I came across this piece of pure evil.

I laughed as I said “Holy Shit!”.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t have been standing on that grass.

The dead eye mechanic changes pretty dramatically as you advance thru certain challenges (i.e. sharpshooter). For instance the ability to paint targets.

1 Like

OK. Maybe I’m too much of a rookie to properly paint targets.

Here’s a list of the challenges and their rewards.

The d pad to do list feature is a good way to keep up with where you are on these.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks.

I am filling up my journal with pages of info from YT vids. I’m terrible at spending the time to search (and search and search) for all the random, hidden loot etc., so I’m stealing that time and knowledge from others. Shoot me!

I think that’s exactly what they had in mind.

There are way too many things to just find them on your own.

1 Like

The best part of these vids is the wild and whacky outfits that people have crafted for themselves. Just them being them.

I’d recommend getting the trinkets as soon as possible (some items won’t be available until the entire map is opened up). They help a lot

1 Like

Thanks!

I’ve been mostly just completing the missions and seeing what other random trouble I can get into. I haven’t been robbing strangers, stage coaches, trains etc.

I did see a recommendation to get the satchel upgraded asap, as that gives you near-unlimited carrying capacity. I’ve run into issues with that already, so I think I’m going to try and focus on that and see what else I can pick up along the way.

I need to remember to look up what else is nearby whenever I end up somewhere.

1 Like

Yes. That is actually what I was thinking of. Think I played more than 1/2 the game the first time thru. On replays, it is the first thing I do. Here is an article that helps. Dont see any spoiler alerts in it.

1 Like