Video Games

I’ve heard a lot more of Micah sucking up to Dutch this time through. Total sycophancy.

I pushed through the last missions in Ch. 6 and, just as Micah the Rat was pleading with Dutch as Arthur lay gasping his last few breaths…the game crashed.

Now I have to go through it all again. fml

That ain’t right.

1 Like

I re-did the last two conjoined missions, but skipped all the cut scenes. That kept the emotional ball-stomping to a minimum.

Arthur’s death still hits like a shotgun to the dick, however.

1 Like

It’s good to be back in New Austin (apart from the fucking wolves). It seems to me that, as RDR2 has all of West Elizabeth / New Austin rendered and players who have glitched outside the map have shown Mexico is also rendered (albeit not populated with buildings or vegetation), remastering RDR1 is not a huge leap.

I’m not saying that it would be easy. But the dialog is already recorded, the story already written and many of the characters already rendered. With any RDR3 at least 4/5 years away, a remaster of RDR1 could be a nice money-spinner for Rockstar. Imagine rolling from the Epilogue of RDR2 into the beginning of RDR1!

They could add a cut scene of Abigail and Jack being kidnapped by Agent Ross, with John showing up too late to rescue them, because emotional ball-stomp.

1 Like

For a while there was buzz about doing that. I can’t remember if it was actually announced but apparently the next GTA took precedence so the remaster died on the vine.

Glitching into the out of bounds areas can be pretty fun.

1 Like

Not tried glitching over the border…yet.

Yeah. Apparently they pulled the entire RDR team over to help finish GTA6 so, hopefully, when that is done, they can be released to develop new RDR shit.

So every defense is the 2012-17 Texas Longhorns?

1 Like

Less gator-rolling, but otherwise pretty spot on.

He’s out of line, but he’s right.

Micah’s dead. Fuck that rat.

1 Like

“You shot me. You shot me pretty good.”

I listen to American Venom on a regular basis.

1 Like

RFK Jr heading back to Manhatten after a busy day Falconing

2 Likes

I took a selfie with his corpse.

I 100%ed the game by clearing Thieves Landing. I was whisked away to Arthur’s grave, which is a heavy moment, but it meant that I missed out on the loot in the boat.

Also, it meant that I was up in the Grizzlies (NTTAWWT) while my horse was still in New Austin. I had to murder some poor schmo, steal his horse and get back to a stable.

1 Like

My second time thru I appreciated the Epilogue missions and story more.

They did a nice job bridging the prequel and RDR1.

Btw, one of Uncle’s favorite napping spots is on the porch propped against a post, the exact spot he dies in RDR.

1 Like

I can see how RDR1 players were disappointed with New Austin, because it’s mostly empty. But I enjoy the missions too.

Also, the Smothers Brothers are absolutely the worst. The always make sure to have son explosive or incendiary ammo crafted before taking them on.

I have almost completed the compendium. All I need is 3 more horses to get 100%, but that’s not quite fully maxed out.

I need to bond with some horse breeds and I need to study/track a timber wolf (somehow without dying). Every other animal has been studied, tracked, killed and collected (skinned, plucked, whatever).

Yep, even the fucking Parakeets; I just have to decide if I can be arsed to cull another 24 of them.

All weapons and equipment have been acquired. All outfits purchased/crafted. All bounties in all locations complete. I have two stranger missions still open - Evelyn Miller and the Chain Gang boys - plus I have to find Uncle the shit he needs for his crotch rot.

1 Like

8 months ago. LOL

Glad you ended up loving it as much as we all did. It is the best.

1 Like

I think Limey has convinced me to give it a shot

eta: my dislike of unread threads has led me to look at every one of his RDR2 posts…he’s done a heck of a sales job

3 Likes