Video Games

Full confession: I have been having YouTube playthroughs on in the background when I’m working/cooking and stuff like that.

I need help.

3 Likes

Please apologize to your family and friends for me.

4 Likes

A standard (I’ll be playing on a pc) game controller will work, right?

I’ve got one that came with the computer and has never left its box

Can’t help you there, I’m afraid.

I play on a PS5, and I can’t imagine playing it without a game controller.

You just answered my question, regardless.

1 Like

Daniel Lanois (producer of U2’s Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree, Peter Gabriel’s So, Willie Nelson’s Teatro) did the music for the game including all the ambient fills.

The mission associated instrumentals are great, and the songs with vocals usually stick the landing so well even the eastern bloc judges give them high scores.

1 Like

Do we need to send out a search party of Lefty? He might be snowbound in the mountains somewhere.

Dutch sent him out to scout for some shelter.

1 Like

He’ll be fiiiiiiiiiine. Nothing bad ever happens to that boah.

I’m fine, snow would feel pretty damn good though

1 Like

I’m not saying that I’ve run out of things to do in RDR2 and am now just trying to find all the different patterns of horses and filling in any gray areas of the map, but…

If you ride through the looooong railway tunnel north of Armadillo, the light at the end of the tunnel is actually the headlight of a train coming the other way.

1 Like

I love the view from the trestle when you pop out of that tunnel.

1 Like

There are 69 horse breeds/coats, and I am missing just 3: the Few-Spotted Appaloosa, a Shire and a Suffolk Punch.

The Appaloosa is just hard to spawn. Even the camp where it (reportedly) shows up won’t spawn for me right now.

The Shires and Suffolk Punches are usually hauling wagons, and you cannot get their deets unless the wagon is stopped. This would be easier if I’d known to keep a log of the horses I’d ridden as I went, but I didn’t. That mistake will be rectified for the next play-through.

1 Like

Well, I’ve done it. I have 1000%ed the Compendium (not a typo). I have

• studied/tracked/killed/collected every animal
  • acquired all of the various bits of equipment
  • caught all the fish, including at least once each with the prescribed bait
  • cleared all the gang camps, captured all the bounties, found all the hideouts and survived the ambushes
  • picked, eaten and cooked/crafted every plant
  • studied and bonded with every breed of horse, and ridden all 69 coat variants
  • collected all the weapons (including the vampire’s knife)
  • collected all 144 cigarette cards

The only mission left to do is to extinct the Parakeets. I have only 7 of 25, but they’re buggers to spawn.

1 Like

Understatement of the (last) century.

1 Like

I have been playing Spider-Man: Miles Morales; basically a game 1.5 between SM1 and SM2. It’s a totally fun and well-executed game.

I started on Friday night, played a lot yesterday and now I’m on the final mission having finished all the side quests.

All this does is reinforce just how RDR2 is in a whole nother dimension of gaming. These games cost the same when new! How does that make sense? Rockstar could charge 4x the price for RDR2 and it would still be an absolute bargain.

1 Like

Oh, and all the boss battles are stupid and repetitive. I much prefer the gang hideouts where you can use multiple techniques including stealth.

All the boss battles are dodge-dodge-dodge-attack-retreat, rinse, repeat for far too fucking long.