Video Games

The Angelo Bronte glitch still works in RDR2, but it’s mostly pointless. No plants populate, nor the legendary fish. I didn’t bother riding too deep into New Austin to see if the legendary animals spawn.

I guess I’ll leave all that for John, which is fine. Still plenty for Arthur to do.

1 Like

Chapter 3 and 4 offered peak Dutch Van der Linde. By the later chapters you grow to hate him but in 3 and 4 you see why his crew would fall in line with him even if he was deluded.

The raid on the moonshiners and the race back to camp, the meeting with (and betrayal by) Colm, the encounter with the Pinkertons in camp, the raid on Braithwaite manner, rescuing Jack, the Bronte encounters were all leading up to something big. It just turned out to be his world crashing down.

Arthur’s redemption was made better by Dutch’s tragedy.

1 Like

Yep. Shakespearean.

Also, Mary might be a bit of a manipulative bitch.

1 Like

The Saint Denis Vampire killed me. Is this just one of those things or is there a way not to be killed?

Update: I have one last mission in Ch. 4, and it’s the one that throws me to Guarma. I’m going to do my best to enjoy that chapter this time; at least I know what I’m getting myself into.

I have completed the Sharpshooter challenge now, so the only one I’m missing is Herbalist (because New Austin). I completed the Algernon Wasp treasure hunts and have all the guns and stranger missions available through Ch. 4, including Jim “Boy” Calloway’s.

I have not yet been able to trigger the camp request involving Charles. If I move on to Ch. 5, it’s gone for good, but I can live with that.

Definitely doable.

Iirc stand near the building but 10 feet away or so and light that MFer up after he dialogs.

I’ve never triggered the Trelawney dialog in StD where Arthur hears him conversing with his family.

1 Like

So, after having NCAA 25 for 5 days, a few thoughts:

1.) Visually, it’s absolutely spectacular.
2.) Offense is incredibly fun to play right out of the box. The player graphics are mostly amazing, and the game flow is so good.
2.) Defense is absolutely terrible, and the fluidity of the graphics and AI for defensive players is absolutely awful. Guys take just absolutely silly angles to the ball all the time, and the differences between offensive players cutting/turning and defense is night and day.
3.) The AI for offensive linemen is absolutely atrocious, especially the tackles. About 10 percent of the time guys will just come out of their stance and just stand up and not move at all.

I’ve managed to jack with the sliders enough to get the game to a fun place to play to start with, and will continue tweaking them as I go to make the game more challenging, but this is just about the most on par thing for EA of all time.

The game was not ready to ship and needs some serious patching to make it great, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

The stadium experience when playing a game: The announcing, the bands, the sounds, the visuals, the inclusion of some actual hip hop music playing between plays and timeouts (including the song Mo Bamba, which Texas plays a ton at DKR), is absolutely awesome.

2 Likes

Idk if you get into dynasty or RTG but I think one of my biggest complaints is the incessant drumline in the menus. I end muting the tv when I’m in the menus because of it. Just play the fucking fight songs at random

I’m playing a Dynasty, and yes, the drum line is so goddamn loud. But that’s EA for you.

Haven’t played it yet, but from what my buddies have said it’s amazing on “offense only” mode, and don’t even bother trying to play defense.

With some tweaking you can make the defense viable, but out of the box defense is straight up horrific.

1 Like

When they patch it up I’ll be all in on it.

1 Like

I’m fine on defense, I can get the job done reasonably well. It’s not nearly as fun though. I usually super sim defense but play some snaps throughout the game

I have studied, tracked, killed and skinned all the birds and snakes unique to Guarma.

El Jefe

1 Like

Jump off…everybody’s gonna know

Great great song

1 Like

One thing I really wasn’t expecting to give a shit about, but now I very much do, is the sartorial elegance of Arthur. I am glad I’m not alone.

The Guarma tryst isn’t so bad second time around. And the balloon mission upon Arthur’s return is a lot of fun.

1 Like

That was my experience as well.

Frankly the second time thru allowed me to appreciate the storytelling woven throughout the main missions (even knowing how it all plays out).

1 Like

I am flying through Ch. 6 and, in the words of Big Chris, it’s been emotional.

The advantages of completing the grind early on is that I have much better health attributes this time than I did last time. Also, I got to do it as prime Arthur, not as John or even ghost of Christmas Arthur.

Also, I’m just better at combat than last time. So the missions are both somewhat familiar and easier to complete.

I have had the farewell conversation with Sister Calderón. I am really noticing the disintegration of the gang at camp, much more so than my first play through. Dutch is the king of gaslighting, and has completely lost the plot.

I have 6 missions left in Ch. 6 and no side quests remaining. It’s just a death march from here.

The change in camp mood from Horseshoe Overlook to Beaver Hollow is quite drastic.

Death march is an apt description. Looking over at Dutch in the corner with Micah in his ear…

1 Like