Video Games

Yeah. Just finished the “Last Enemy” mission. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Yep they lull you into that mundane life and then reality hits you. Masterful ending and still one of my favorites.

2 Likes

Considering how well received The Last of Us and Fallout have been received did a google search and sounds like a RDR movie ain’t happening. But they’ve all but confirmed there will be a RD 3, some day. Probably 2030.

1 Like

They’d have to make a GTA movie first, which would have to be directed by Michael Mann, obvs.

A GTA movie is 100% a quentin tarantino movie. For better or worse.

1 Like

I don’t remember GTA being big on expansive dialog…and feet.

The closer I get to 100% of RDR1, the buggier the game gets. Very frustrating when I’m trying to clear 6 gang hideouts in 24 hours, and a random blue dot stranger half a world away is stopping the next hideout mission from activating.

Ugh.

I think I’m excluded from 100% because some sets of bounties kicked the oxygen habit.

Oh well.

Finished up the story today. John in the barn still gets me in the feels.

2 Likes

Did you say bugs? Wait until you get into a Fallout game.

Speaking of which…the show has me returning to Fallout 76 again.

1 Like

At first you think “I can shoot my way out of this like I’ve done before” and then you quickly realize that’s all hubris.

1 Like

Unless you’re prepared.

3 Likes

Some T-60 power armor would have worked too.

2 Likes

One of the hilarious sight gags in the Fallout series is the fact that the squires have to carry around an absolutely humongous duffle bag with all of the “player’s” shit. Like Arthur/John having a satchel containing a couple of hundred animal carcasses and the contents of an entire CVS pharmacy.

1 Like

One mistake they made is allowing them to still run despite obviously being over-encumbered.

2 Likes

So close to 100% on RDR1. After spending forever trying to kill a cougar with dynamite and a bird with a tomahawk, both suddenly happened with ease almost back to back.

I have all the outfits, bar the 100% completion outfit obviously, and all the ambient challenges are done, including the explosive rifle and tomahawk.

I have some gang camps that I have cleared, but have not registered any of the special tasks so I’m guessing that’s where I’m falling short.

PS: I don’t use the tomahawk enough (TWSS) but it’s one of my favorite kills. I wish that there was an animation to retrieving them from the bodies of victims, like Gimli in The Two Towers, instead of it being added back to your inventory with a simple screen note.

1 Like

I accidentally discovered that all the bounties reset so Jack can hunt them.

One treasure hunter bounty to be delivered alive and they’ll complete the outfits.

Jack treats his horses poorly.

His riding banter makes playing as Jack very difficult sometimes.

Putting RDR1 away for now. Stuck on 98.7% and no amount of gang hideouts, bounties or mini-game playing will move the needle.

I “golded” the Twin Rocks hideout and the high-stakes Blackwater poker challenges - each on single passes from zero - and no increase in the completion percentage.

The glitches and random death are just too frustrating when I’m already irritable with the game.

Along those same lines, I’m in the market for a new game.

It’ll need to be on switch as the xbox has been commandeered by the resident teenager.

Skyrim is an option (never played it) though I may want something a little breezier before committing to that one.

Suggestions welcome.

(Fallout, Half Life are not available, already done the 2 Mario titles for Switch)

1 Like