Video Games

Hot damn.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Got the very cool cut scene at Arthur’s grave, but apparently I have only 55% of the available trophies.

1 Like

I have become aware of a very plausible theory that Abigail is the rat. She definitely had motive and opportunity, with there being some coincidences that easily veer towards conspiracy if you accept the premise.

In lieu of starting a fresh run through RDR2, I decided instead to play RDR1.

I’m very much enjoying the game. There are some frustrations - the NPC and animal AI is vastly inferior to the sequel, especially the horses - but AFID is right about the story. It’s unfolding for me and it’s very intriguing.

I’m still in New Austin, but nearing the end of that campaign, I think. I am close to having assembled my Trojan horse team and I am excited to see how that pans out. I am also checking off the challenges as I go so that I don’t end up in the same situation I did in RDR2 - of having only challenges left to complete.

1 Like

Seth is a fine specimen, isn’t he?

I’m doing the same on the Switch. I first played it not long after it came out. Funny how I remember some things pretty clearly.

1 Like

Yep. As is (was) the cannibal up in the hills.

Liar Dice >>>>>>>>> Dominoes

Made it to Mexico. Was down to the last few rounds of rifle ammo by the time we landed. It was like the robot sentry scene from Aliens.

Should’ve shot that lying little leprechaun in the face and be done with him.

Ha.

That ride down the river was pretty fun.

1 Like

How is it that the animal skinning is somehow less graphic than RDR2 but way more brutal?

Thought i was in the travel thread for a moment. Reads differently.

1 Like

On thing is for sure: in the movie for RDR1, the role of the coked-up anthropologist will be played by Daniel Radcliffe.

1 Like

I finally made my way to Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla after being bored with the past few AC games. This one hooked me pretty quick though I miss the old combat system.

How platformy is it?

Lots of mountains and trees instead of buildings so probably less platformy than the originals of course. A lot of Viking shit like hand to hand combat and longship raids on monasteries.

I have to say that the random death in RDR1 is starting to piss me off, especially as you lose all progress from the last save.

That, and the horse mechanics (having been spoiled by how good they are in the sequel), is starting to grate as I near (I think) the end.

Dutch is dead, and I’m just doing mundane ranch stuff and challenge completions. I get that building the familial ties is important, but I am bored and frustrated with this part of the game.

Ohhh…that’s where you’re at…

1 Like

Earlier I mentioned how some things I remembered quite clearly, others not so much.

One thing I had suppressed: the freaking boars going into bulldozer mode.

And yes the death rate for John is ridiculous. A fox bit his ankle and it killed him.

Oh well. I’m finishing up a few achievements too then will wrap things up.

It doesn’t help that Tall Trees suffers the most from the old graphics.

1 Like

Is this the Red Dead version of taking an arrow to the knee?

1 Like

More like the RD version of dying from dysentery.

2 Likes