Video Games

The last Domino challenge was my darkest rdr2 moment.

My opponent was a trash talking hick.

When I completed it … well the details are blurry.

Sawed off shotgun, explosive shells, headless corpse.

Who can say what really happened?

4 Likes

My catharsis was to take out the Del Lobo stronghold at Fort Mercer. (1) because it would be fun and (b) because I needed to kill 10 enemies with crafted shotgun ammo. You get an explosive shell and you get an explosive shell…EVERYBODY GETS AN EXPLOSIVE SHELL!

2 Likes

You don’t need to watch the video, but you do need to read the comments. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dealer: “AAAND BUSTTT”
John: leaves “alright, i got something else i need to do”
proceeds to throw a fire bottle at the dealer

1 Like

Dark Urge: The Outlaw Years

People are genuinely sick and twisted.

Poor Ms Grimshaw

Finally came across the Klan rally. Incendiary shotgun shells seemed appropriate.

Excellent.

One of the many pleasures in RDR2.

ETA: there’s actually 2.

So keep riding around at night in the same vicinity.

1 Like

Trying to disarm three enemies is going to be the death of me. Frequently.

If they’re Illinois Nazis, you have to run 'em off the bridge with a Dodge Monaco.

1 Like

I believe that’s coming in GTA6.

I have drawn 3 cards at blackjack six times without busting, and have lost to the dealer four times.

So apparently these video games exhibit an exceptional degree of verisimilitude.

If that means annoying fuckery, then yes.

ETA: For those interested, I finally got the third win while drawing three cards. The twat sitting next to me is lucky that he had to go home to his wife, because that shit-talking motherfucker had earned himself a shotgun blast to the face.

1 Like

I haven’t looked for the 2nd rally yet, but I did come across two Klansmen and a Grand Wizard(?) trying to erect a cross, presumably for burning later (this was during the day). The dumbass Klansmen were crushed when the cross fell on them, and I treated the Grand Wizard to a split-point round to the face.

1 Like

That was it.

Dumbasses indeed.

Sounds like you’re getting close to the Legends of the East outfit.

1 Like

Rich boy!

If that’s the prize for completing all the challenges, then yes…and no. I’ve completed the Bandit, Gambler, Master Hunter, Sharpshooter, Weapons Expert and Explorer challenges.

The others are frustrating because, with the exception of Horseman #10, I’ve done all these things previously in the game and am now struggling to replicate them. For example, I’m stuck on Survivalist #8 because I can’t find another owl to craft the homing tomahawk, of which I already have three. I’m stuck on Herbalist #7 because I need to find more currants to brew the special tonic.

As for Horseman #10, I’m having no luck with nabbing a wild horse so breaking every wild horse breed to complete it is going to be tough. I am trying how the game instructs you, to focus on the horse and walk up to it slowly while calming it, yet they always run away. It almost seems like the game is mocking me.

Full disclosure, I gamed the game a little to complete the last two Gambler challenges. In dominoes, someone figured out that if you leave a game before your opponent plays the winning tile you don’t lose your win streak. It still took me all evening to get it done even using this trick (which works, btw). I do not feel guilty because it’s stupid that the game includes “challenges” that rely almost entirely on chance, which you are required to string together as if there is some skill involved.

As for the final poker challenge, I followed internet advice again, rode to Flatrock Station and went all-in before the flop. Three hands later I was done. Not sorry. Fastest challenge completion ever.

Yep, that’s the reward.

Along with all the perks to stamina, deadeye, etc.

The other way to tame horses is to get close enough to lasso them and walk forward until it gives you the option to mount.

As for gaming the game 100000% that’s the way to do some of those challenges.

Owls: midnight at the Emerald Ranch barn, along the cliffs and over the lake near Manzanita post, and nighttime over the desert near Tumbleweed or on a cactus by the church/ graveyard just north of Armadillo (that one is a beotch).

1 Like

Thanks! I have tried Emerald Ranch and near Manzanita Post which have been flagged as reliable spawn points, but I get nothing. I got an owl before purely by luck, and it seems I have run out.

On my second run through, I will know to hold on to things like feathers and gator eggs, that I have been selling to the fence/trapper, because they are needed later. The Exotics collection would already have been done by now if I hadn’t offloaded all that crap.