Video Games

So I went there. That’s some creepy shit.

1 Like

This is an awesome remembrance.

Major spoilers, obviously.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I am sure you won’t be shocked to know that I need to find beaver, but I can’t find any beaver.

Are we not doing phrasing any more?

2 Likes

Go to the nearest public park, climb a tree and holler at the top of your lungs, “I need a beaver!” over and over again. I’m sure something will come of it.

6 Likes

Maybe you need to use the Slumpbuster gun.

4 Likes

Nominated.

1 Like

Just found out over the weekend that the cast of RDR2 didn’t just do voice acting, it was full on performance capture on sets built in a volume. Amazing.

When it comes to the movie, it looks to me like the actors who played John, Sadie and (especially) Micah, could reprise their roles.

I saw another piece with Roget Clark about how he spent two days in a booth recording all the variations of horse chat for Arthur. A couple of days later, they called him in to re-record it all, because it what they had all sounded dirty.

3 Likes

FYI, I’ve been ticking off the Challenges in RDR2, and it’s clear that I have been massively over-thinking things (so rarely the case). For example, the Gambler Challenge of winning 3 hands of Blackjack while doubling-down was taking forever; but this was because I was trying to play “proper” Blackjack. Instead, just doubling-down at every opportunity got me three wins in next to no time.

I am complete or near-complete on almost all of them. Throwing people onto the train tracks was another atrocity-like challenge that didn’t sit well with me, but two Lemoyne Raiders and one Grey later, it was complete.

I am “stuck” on a low number for the Sharpshooter challenge though; shooting 5 birds from a moving train. I got one, but it’s such a pain when you get tagged by the law straight away, have to do a ton of running (because your horse won’t follow you when you stay on the train) and end up with a bounty. It’s not “difficult”, just a collection of annoyances.

I have also bagged all the legendary animals and fish. Still, I am in dire need of some beaver though. I really should’ve done this as Arthur, because John will drown in about three inches of water (all because they didn’t make the water a playable part of the game in RDR1).

I need snakes too, and that’s the same issue. It’s easiest to get them while they’re swimming, but John cannot collect them.

For my next play though (and there will be a next play through), I found this very comprehensive guide.

This player has figured out a strategy so that you do not waste an opportunity to do/collect something when you’re in a particular area, to minimize having to keep coming back to places over and over again (which is exactly what I am doing now).

One thing I do notice in this guide that I have seen elsewhere is leaving the last part of the Veteran side mission to John. The horse that is given at the end of that mission is lost if it’s done by Arthur, so it makes sense to leave it until you’re playing as John, so you can keep it.

Another good tip is only sell gold bars as necessary. Any money that Arthur has is lost, but the contents of his satchel - which includes any valuables - passes to John. It’s a good way to make sure you have money prior to the end of the Epilogue.

The Aberdeen pig farm is another option.

Go there as Arthur at the end of chapter 6. Enjoy their hospitality.

Go back as John and get your stuff back from the safe.

1 Like

Lake Owanjilla: as you ride in from Strawberry on the near shore toward the end of the lake near where the stream feeds the lake.

There will be beaver on the shore. Use the varmint rifle with scope to headshot them.

You can’t dilly dally or they’ll start swimming.

1 Like

Nice one. I’ve been seeing them at the dam and lodge on the Kamassa River, but all the 3-stars seem to be in the water.

Your location is handy because I need some cougar too, and there’s one that always spawns on the way to the trapper.

There are snakes along the stream and by the fork in the path below the trapper too.

There are places that will provide that kind of service.

2 Likes

With cougars, too.

2 Likes

Well now we’re just getting specific about Steak 48.

1 Like

3 Likes

I managed to complete the Weapons Expert Challenge of killing 8 small game creatures in a row with arrows, without breaking my controller, PS5 or TV. Now that was a challenge.