Video Games

Depends, but I recently got the Deluxe version of The Stanley Parable for 50% off at $12.50 or $15.00, or something like that. Lots of things under $20.

1 Like

Newer titles are going to be mostly the same price as you would expect anywhere else. Steam does often have pretty good sales or they will bundle older games together for a cheap price. I once got like 10 Star Wars games for like $15, all the Knights of the Old Republic games, both older Battlefronts, Empire At War and a few others.

1 Like

You can’t even really buy physical games anymore. Everything is digital downloads through Steam or one of the knockoffs. Even if you can find a PC game box in a store, it’s just going to be empty except for a Steam code.

AAA games retail for $60 and some for $70, but most games are well below that.

FWIW, this is the Steam page for the game I’m working on, Burden of Command. We haven’t set a price yet, but I would be surprised if it’s over $30.

4 Likes

My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me, suck cock by choice.

2 Likes

Finished the Epilogues to RDR2 last night. Watching the end credits, it’s shocking how many people were involved in making the game - far more, it seems, than would be needed to make an RDR movie.

The mid-credit scenes were interesting. I presume the two Pinkerton’s that track down the Marston ranch are foreshadowing of the original RDR game. The scene of Mary Beth standing over Arthur’s grave broke me all over again.

The reward is that I am now free to explore New Austin with cash in my pocket. This new section of the map seems to be almost as big as the rest of the map combined! I’ve already wasted a number of del Lobos.

2 Likes

There is still a bunch of missions after the epilogue. 1st several are pretty meh, just doing chore crap at pronghorn ranch, but it picks back up. Also, Fort Mercer in New Austin, is a fun gang hideout to raid.

1 Like

I found Fort Mercer but gave it a wide berth. Will have to gear up and take a crack at it.

Does extended roaming have any negative impact on the ranch?

Also, for some reason, I lost credit for dragging someone when I was Arthur, so I have to repeat that particular atrocity. If I can’t catch a free range del Lobo, maybe I’ll swing by Fort Mercer and just lasso one of the guys at the gate.

FYI, this is mostly why I changed my suggestion for Sadie from Emily Blunt to Jodie Comer.

Also, having played as John for a bit, I realize that Nicholas Hoult is a terrible choice for him.

You presume correctly. The Pinkertons coerce John into hunting down the remnants of the gang.

The first game was so well liked and John was such an iconic gaming character that there was actually some backlash from fans when the sequel was announced with the main character being someone else.

But my goodness did they knock it out of the park with Arthur (along with just about everything else).

And I really appreciate the Epilogue(s) as a way to bridge the gap. Jim Milton Rides Again, American Venom , hell even the house building mission.

Now if you’ll excuse my I’ve got to rest. My lumbago is acting up.

1 Like

When John first gears up in the Epilogue, it’s done with such reverence that I presume that was him taking on his RDR1 persona.

1 Like

At the nth try, I finally got the dragging challenge done. I got so frustrated with it, because my victim would die before I hit to 3300 ft, even when going at a walking pace. I ended up dragging randos encountered on the road, but getting nothing but bounties.

Online, some people had similar issues and had some innovative solutions. One player hogtied someone, rode them out into the middle of a frozen lake, released them, lassoed them and dragged them around in the lake until it was done.

I got lucky in that I found some Lemoyne Raiders attacking a prisoner transport. I dealt with the attackers, freed the Raider from the cage, dragged his ignorant ass sloowwwly for 3300 ft and then blew his head off. That was a nice cherry on top of a frustrating challenge.

Meanwhile, the game is psychic. As soon as I even think about looking for a thing, like a stagecoach to rob, they disappear like fucking snow leopards. If you ride around Emerald Green, you can throw a stick and hit three coaches; but as soon as you go looking…

Riding randomly: cardinals everywhere

Need a cardinal? They don’t exist.

Did you visit the Aberdeen pig farm yet?

1 Like

Never trust a man who owns a pig farm.

1 Like

Cowboys are obviously cowboys, and sheep herders shepherds, but what are pork wranglers? Porkers? There must be something.

Pork rangers?

1 Like

Not yet. I’ve seen stuff about them though.

Just had a cool Indiana Jones moment. I was in wolf country with an animal carcass stowed, so riding with my shotgun out (NTTAWWT). I was challenged by a couple of Laramies who blocked the way and started spouting off about this being their country blah blah blah…

Dead Eye…paint, paint…blam, blam…continue on. I had places to be.

I chuckled to myself.

1 Like

Several times I’ve ridden past a stranger, tried to say hello but flubbed the controls and thus quick-drawn them right into oblivion.

Then there’s the inevitable witness …

1 Like

Known as a “two-fer”.

I wonder how many stranger side missions I’ve erased from doing exactly this.