Verlander Re-Signing: Will He or Won't He?

That’s good to know, Jim.

The bottom line is that I posted something.

Instead of responding about the post, you responded about me.

You may call me a baby and you can not respond all you want.

All I am asking is civility

Isn’t the idea to post ideas and respond to those ideas?

Why do you feel it necessary to respond by making a comment about me instead of my post/ my opinion or viewpoint?

And why am I the whining baby when you do?

4 Likes

You just did.

1 Like

The baby comment was based on my history with you, which you well know and which I will not repeat here. I have come after you twice through private messages to bring you back in to the site after you threw tantrums and ran away pouting. You see a personal attack in every disagreement with your ideas, and this is a place where disagreements are legion. A thick skin is required here, and yours is the thinnest of thins.

That’s all fine

What you call a thin skin, I call standing up for myself.

We all should be able to respond to any comment without it being a personal attack or insult on the commentor.

When your comments are about another person in the thread rather than the content of his/per posts then you are bullying or insulting.

I don’t allow myself to be bullied or insulted without “having a thin skin”

This should long since have been over

Hopefully we can continue to have interactions about subjects and the content of various comments.

2 Likes

All this time I thought it was “Ldstrosfan”.

3 Likes

Bring it strong or don’t bring it at all. It’s right there in the BFT by-laws.

I stand by what I just said.

However, in the interest of fairness I must add something.

When you first messaged me to explain this site after I left on my very first day, you told me that I must have a thick skin to survive here.

For better or worse that has proven, time and time again to be true.

So, I don’t know how much difference it makes but I want you to know that I know you have at least been upfront and honest about what I can expect.

I don’t think it’s right and don’t care for it, but the site is bigger than me. I can decide to stay or not.

1 Like

You are all thinking

“This guy is bipolar”

Thanks for the comment das, I think I should reread the bylaws.

Bigger than you, bigger than me, bigger than Dante Bichette’s mom.

4 Likes

Not me.

I’m thinking, Idaho? Really?

Grains of salt.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about JimR. There’s a handy ignore feature on this site if you would rather not see his posts.

This is an excellent site to discuss our favorite team. There are a lot of knowledgeable baseball guys here. You bring a lot of good thoughts with your baseball posts. Keep it coming and keep bringing it strong.

Thanks for the kind words.

The funny thing is, I have you on ignore because of your politics.

But at least we can agree on baseball.

I’ll reconsider that ignore feature, lol.

1 Like

What’s wrong with Idaho?

Nothing I’m aware of I suppose, but it did trigger you. Again. It was a joke.

1 Like

This site has been here a lot longer than any of us have been on it. Neither you nor any of us has the right to dictate what is “right.” Either adjust to the mores of the site or leave. No one will chase after you this time.

1 Like

Sorry.

That was not meant to be defensive.

It was meant to be a question about why Idaho is notable to you.

Purely interested.

I should have used that word instead of “wrong”

Bring it strong or don’t bring it at all.

Read more, post less.

No word salads (Noe excluded).

Be a goldfish.

…and on the sixth day, the Baseball Gods created Clarks

1 Like

What you should have taken away from my post was the last three words. It applies here, in my last reply, and site wide.

1 Like

You know, you don’t have to post everything in your head. Not every post needs a reply. You will continue to be flamed for this type of action. Consider every post carefully.