Trade Deadline Possibilities 2021

Is it a coincidence the ones you want are both former Astros?

Will Smith was in our organization??

No.

He was drafted but elected to work on Men in Black instead.

1 Like

Sorry my snark got ahead of my brain.

1 Like

This is so ridiculous that I had to share.

I just read a Cubs Fansided article about possible trades to the Astros.

The first was good: Hunter Briwn and Nova for Kimbrell.

The second was OK value but for unneeded player: Daniels and Perry for Rizzo.

The third is hysterical: Leon and Korey Lee for Kris Bryant.

Where would Bryant play? Who would be sitting? Brantley? Bregman?

Why trade away the future for a player ( any player) that plays positions that are already strengths when the team already has the best offense in baseball.

Some of these writers are just clueless.

1 Like

Fansided is basically equivalent to Bleacher Report. Maybe even a step down.

1 Like

Yep. Utter shite.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve said this before but it bears repeating, fansided is where guys who couldn’t get hired at bleacher report go

4 Likes

And Bleacher Report is where guys who couldn’t get hired by SB Nation go.

1 Like

Joc Pederson to the Braves to “replace” Acuna Jr. Talk about a downgrade…

While the timing is right after Acuna Jr. I feel like this is more of a replacement for Ozuna who likely won’t be back this season either. You can’t replace Acuna.

Especially not with that smug fucking donkey.

3 Likes

There’s some speculation that the Twins might trade Buxton if they can’t reach an extension deal with him. I wonder if the Braves might consider him, although the price is likely to be high, even as a rental. Of course, considering his luck and Atlanta’s, he might well break his leg the day after they acquire him.

2 Likes

I don’t know who Click may target

But it sure looks like a few of the youngsters must be traded in the next couple of weeks.

In my order of preference:
Robert Garcia
Bielak
Pruitt
Scrubb
Subbs
Nova
Hartman
Garza
Taylor Jones
N.Rodriguez
Solomon
Solis
James
Paredes
Toro

Unless Click gets creative at least 3 of these players will need to be traded or DFA’d soon.

Toro can play multiple positions, and he has shown he belongs.

3 Likes

That’s why he is last on my list. The player I would least like to see go.

I think when Diaz returns they should trade or, more likely, DFA Robel Garcia and keep Toro up.

Although he can be optioned. That just doesn’t clear a 40 man spot.

I think Garcia’s spot is no longer needed, if it ever was.

Man, you’re too harsh. I think he looked decent at times, especially from his sidearm slot. I am not saying keep him, of course, but I do not think he was worthless.

ETA: I was talking about the pitcher Garza, not Robel Garcia. My bad.

I don’t think he’s worthless and I really hate it for Robel. I love to see guys like him get a chance and succeed. I just don’t see a path for him long term however with the roster crunch we are going to have.

Back to the trade front, as Click was quoted the other day, starting pitching has become a big need for us. With worries about Grienke and Urquidy and innings concerns with Garcia we are suddenly looking a little thin. I find the suggesting of Morton and Smith from Atlanta very interesting but it doesn’t look like the Braves are throwing in the towel. I doubt we can afford someone like Berrios. Gibson would be nice though.