Trade Deadline Possibilities 2021

Looking over things, 3rd base is more of a need. They might want Toro instead of Jones. Which I would be ok with.

They might also like Blake Taylor over Raley that would not be deal breaker for me.

They’re still in second.

The Acuña loss hurts but they’re far from dead in the water.

Especially with 18 wc spots available.

1 Like

With Acuna, they were 4 games behind the Mets and 7 games out of the wild card.

To get the wild card they would have to overtake 2 of the Giants, Dodgers, and Padres along with the Reds or Brewers.

I think the division is their only way in.

Acuna will be back by this time next year, and they’ll still be young, and they’ll still have Freeman and Albies and I don’t know who else. I wouldn’t go dismantling things because of this. Now, if Morton is in his walk year, he could definitely fetch some interesting pieces from contenders. But if I were Atlanta I wouldn’t be having a fire sale.

1 Like

Morton indeed only signed for 2021.

I think replacing Morton and Smith with:

Javier, Raley, Nova, Jones, and a catching prospect sets them up better for next year.

For 2022 they are only giving up a RP and the majority of the return are major league ready.

Don’t underestimate the Mets’ ability to Mets their way out of a playoff spot.

4 Likes

Is it a coincidence the ones you want are both former Astros?

Will Smith was in our organization??

No.

He was drafted but elected to work on Men in Black instead.

1 Like

Sorry my snark got ahead of my brain.

1 Like

This is so ridiculous that I had to share.

I just read a Cubs Fansided article about possible trades to the Astros.

The first was good: Hunter Briwn and Nova for Kimbrell.

The second was OK value but for unneeded player: Daniels and Perry for Rizzo.

The third is hysterical: Leon and Korey Lee for Kris Bryant.

Where would Bryant play? Who would be sitting? Brantley? Bregman?

Why trade away the future for a player ( any player) that plays positions that are already strengths when the team already has the best offense in baseball.

Some of these writers are just clueless.

1 Like

Fansided is basically equivalent to Bleacher Report. Maybe even a step down.

1 Like

Yep. Utter shite.

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve said this before but it bears repeating, fansided is where guys who couldn’t get hired at bleacher report go

4 Likes

And Bleacher Report is where guys who couldn’t get hired by SB Nation go.

1 Like

Joc Pederson to the Braves to “replace” Acuna Jr. Talk about a downgrade…

While the timing is right after Acuna Jr. I feel like this is more of a replacement for Ozuna who likely won’t be back this season either. You can’t replace Acuna.

Especially not with that smug fucking donkey.

3 Likes

There’s some speculation that the Twins might trade Buxton if they can’t reach an extension deal with him. I wonder if the Braves might consider him, although the price is likely to be high, even as a rental. Of course, considering his luck and Atlanta’s, he might well break his leg the day after they acquire him.

2 Likes