Baseball Miscellany

Dude, you beat me to the punch. Damn.

2 Likes

Cool! Baseball games can be like laser tag! I can hear all the beeping now. The players are all ready normally used to drowning out the audiences from making mistakes. I imagine nine innings of endless beeping, would get real annoying. Kind of like having to wait on the phone with a recording that keeps repeating itself, forever!

Basically Tim McCarver’s commentary

3 Likes

So true. If you’re off the bag, you’re off the bag.

This seems in character for both:

Time for some Mets schadenfreude. They are 7 games back of the NL wild card.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1432149279297126400?s=21

The statement:

Baez probably still has bus tire tracks on him from this:

https://twitter.com/stevenacohen2/status/1427980876172955651?s=21

[chef’s kiss]

1 Like

The Mets are the Florida of baseball teams. Every time you see some dumb shit like this you know exactly where it happened.

The Mets made their own bed. This is what you get when you trade for a guy like Baez and put him on your team. Low character individual who’s more worried about himself than the team. Hard to feel sorry for them.

1 Like

Agreed. The Mets’ players were idiots for handling it this way.

However, some fans are despicable and deserve what they get. They think because they bought a ticket to the game it gives them the right to treat the players on the field like garbage. Not to mention all the garbage fans spew towards players that messed up during a game on social media.

Steve Cohen is going to quickly make the Mets a team nobody wants to play for if he won’t stop slamming his team publicly on social media.

That would be such a shame.

3 Likes

Yeah. A damn shame.

3 Likes

I’d love it if both the Mets and Yankees sucked from now to eternity. That would be glorious.

4 Likes

Minor but still interesting piece by Kevin Goldstein on the Jose Abreu workout he attended in the DR back in 2013. As was reported at the time, the Astros were serious bidders on Abreu.

Will Bauer pitch again? I don’t usually say this about ESPN but this seems like a pretty clear write up.

If he’s okay with south of the border, then the answer is probably yes.

Nice article in the Laredo Morning Times recently on how the Mexican League seems to have become a haven of sorts for baseball players (including Roberto Osuna) with a shitty history of beating on or abusing women.

https://www.lmtonline.com/sports/article/To-give-second-chances-or-not-Why-Mexican-16387874.php

I had forgotten that Laredo shared a Mexican League team.

1 Like

This following the arrest of their GM for DWI:

Absolutely cackling. That fucking franchise.

The failed Bauer pursuit, Jared Porter, the “rat or raccoon” fight, a do-nothing trade deadline (where the owner made an ass of himself on twitter), an August collapse (where the owner made an ass of himself on twitter), the “thumbs down” controversy, the replacement GM getting arrested for drunk driving after a team event…

“What a year, huh?” “Lemon, it’s September.”

ETA: In fairness, apparently the DWI was about seven hours after the work event. Slightly lower reading on the Mets-o-meter.

2 Likes