The Void: 2022-23 Offseason

While we’re on the subject of lefty-hitting outfielders, Rosenthal says LAD will non-tender Cody Bellinger. lol

1 Like

I say a little prayer of gratitude for Cody Bellringer at the 2017 ws

Any Astros non-tenders?

Bielak? James?

Walt has you covered in the 2023 Roster thread.

2 Likes

My fathers uncle made brooklyn dodgers. has a bal. has pee wee reese, but many others sigs

I think Abreu is going to be a star.

1 Like

IKF back to the Yankees. Thank you, Lord. Please continue to play him at SS.

1 Like

Hell, I hope they resign Judge. Want them hamstrung for years with his contract.

3 Likes

I am all for this. The Astros have demonstrated that they can successfully pitch to him.

1 Like

I want JV back, but at a reasonable price for both. However, we have 6 starters without him at the moment. As the old song goes, “with or without you”

There are no “reasonable” prices. I want him back at whatever price Crane is willing to pay.

2 Likes

Had a good friend who used this as their first dance for their first wedding. I sat there horrified knowing they had chosen a break-up song for their first dance.

2 Likes

We all have our songs we love. Still married? or was it bad karma?

1 Like

There wasn’t enough good karma in the world to save that one.

I went to a wedding last night, and while that wasn’t the first dance song, it got me thinking about them. My brother-in-law wanted George Jones’s “He Stopped Loving Her Today”, but my sister put her foot down.

4 Likes

Fuck the Padres.

2 Likes

Its just the game.

Nothing really means anything until theres a signature on a contract.

If Abreu gets 2y@$20 then Rizzo signed wayyyyy too soon (for same).

So, Bowden and Duquette spent the better part of the first hour of their show this morning discussing Cody Berlinger. Neither of them are totally confident that what is broken with his swing can be fixed, but both agree that a former MVP, Rookie of the year and 2 time all-star who is only 27 is worth taking a flyer on. Can’t question his defense. He’s still a plus defender at first base or center field. Bowden says that Bellinger needs an organization that is strong in technology and analytics with a great hitting history. A team with a strong enough batting order that it can absorb his struggles while he rebounds. Bowden, and Duquette, both put the Astros front and center as potentially the best team for him to join to get right. Said he would benefit greatly from Dusty Baker and that they should put him everyday with Yordan. That he could benefit from Houston’s environment. Bat him 8th in the order on a 1 year deal and give him a shot. Said his defense alone with his power is worth that risk.

I know the feelings about him from this bunch. There were some posts earlier about him. Having said that, he would be cheap and the upside if he produces could be tremendous for the bottom of our order.

Not saying for sure that we should do this, but it might be worth a look see, given the fact that he shouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg.