The Void: 2021-22 Off-season

Those guys are going to be good.

Since Oakland seems hell-bent on tearing everything down to the studs, I wonder if they would like to give us someone like Manea for next to nothing.

The benefit to that is he no longer pitches against us.

Where’d you see Olson to Tampa? Those teams made a much smaller deal yesterday (ex-prospect Brent Honeywell to Oakland for cash) but that’s all I can find.

A notice from some site popped up on my phone.

ETA: Fox Sports Twitter has it. Honeywell was in the deal, it says.

So Oak looks to fade in the AL West, Seattle should be competitive, the Angels should be better.

Arlington has money to spend but who knows how that pans out.

I think it would be hard being an A’s fan. Always getting your hopes crushed. At least Pirate fans know how hopeless their situation is.

I sorta feel bad for the As. They had such a good team. Now they are blowing it up.

4 Likes

They are one of those teams that has to be competitive in spurts. A lot those…the Royals, Padres, Rays. Though the Rays seem to have a good formula to stretch it out.

I like tall those teams. I guess that’s part of the reason why. I’d probably add Milwaukee to the list.

1 Like

A lot of people are treating an A’s to Vegas move as a foregone conclusion. Maybe the plan is to tear it all down until the move is made.

I have several good friends here in Napa who are A’s fans. They remind me of Astros fans in a way - smaller in numbers than the mouth breathing fair weather Giants fans, but a hell of a lot more vocal and devout in their support.

And, yes, their frustration with the team’s ownership is palpable and the move to Vegas is considered fait accompli by most of them at this point.

1 Like

This is all going to be interesting in 20 years when there’s no water left for Las Vegas.

Baxter, you know I don’t speak Spanish

1 Like

The Rays took the Royals’ long term formula for occasional success, improved upon it and added good luck and great timing to become one of the most successful MLB teams for the past dozen years, all in spite of the shit hole they play in.

Somebody’s going to have to figure out desalination on a massive scale. That, or, you know, we keep hoping man made climate change is a great big hoax.

5 Likes

Strictly based on comments they’ve made about the Astros, fuck Manaea and give me Bassitt

2 Likes

fait accompli would be a great name for a titty bar in Vegas

1 Like

Yeah, that is a great basis to make a decision.

1 Like

I’d go instead with the fact Manaea sucks against the league aside from the Astros.

3 Likes

They need to get out of that shithole.Oakland Athletics send survey to Las Vegas fans on potential move