The Void: 2021-22 Off-season

Yep.

Dojers sign Heaney to 1 year deal

I know it’s wishful thinking, and you can’t use logic on those people, but. . .

With only:

Pitcher Lance McCullers

Jose Altuve who was stated multiple times to have not used “the system” and even that TommyBoy guy’s video showed the fewest bangs

And Yuli and Alex who were both in their first full MLB season and in no position to challenge veterans

I really hope all the cheater talk and booing on the road is done.

No more Marwin who had a huge career year

No more World Series MVP Springer

And

No more face of the franchise and team/teammate defender Correa

Definitely wishful thinking.

The world bought the buzzer story despite zero point zero evidence to support it.

Nobody, even the media, paid attention to the data that showed Altuve, Kemp, and Reddick didn’t use the trash can.

You saw the White Sox crowd go nuts when Altuve was hit DESPITE REPRESENTING THE TYING RUN IN THEIR TEAM’S ELIMINATION GAME.

They’re all morons.

8 Likes

They swallowed the buzzer story despite a complete and embarrassing debunking of it. The narrative is never going away. Stop worrying about it, and enjoy the success the Astros have had. It’s not always going to be this much fun.

8 Likes

ERod to Tigers.

I will be shocked if they’re not at the front of the bidding for Correa.

And Verlander.

They are ready to break out and they know it. They took a big step forward like Houston’s 2014. They’ve graduated one top prospect and have two more studs banging on the door. A couple more moves and that division is theirs for the next few years.

2 Likes

Thor to the Angels 1yr $21 mil.

Just like the Angels to bet on an oft injured pitcher.

If they sacrifice the requisite number of chickens, a healthy Trout, Rendon, Ohtani and Thor would be really be something.

The collective injury history on that crew should give one pause.

Correa, Bregman, Brantley, Alvarez, Verlander, McCullers aren’t really a whole lot better, throughout their careers. Baseball is just kind of rough sport.

2 Likes

Playing virtually every day for 162 games is rough. Then the important games start.

2 Likes

From Rosenthal:

The industry reaction to the Angels agreeing with free-agent right-hander Noah Syndergaard on a one-year, $21 million contract was perhaps best summarized by one rival executive.

“F—— ludicrous,” the executive said.

Maybe the Angels thought they were getting the other Thor, the hitter with the hammer.

1 Like

So with ex-Angels GM Billy Eppler named the Mets’ GM, speculation has turned to who he will hire as manager. Two Astros-related names on this list from Ken Davidoff in the NY Post. Joe Espada is one while Brad Ausmus is the other.

Ausmus being included on the list is kind of interesting in that Eppler first hired and then fired Ausmus while with the Angels (though the firing is believed to be an Arte Moreno decision). I did a quick search and as far as I can tell Ausmus has not been employed by any MLB organization the last two years (though of course he did interview with both the Astros and Padres prior to the 2020 season).

(It may have already been posted on here somewhere but two weeks ago both Espada and Ausmus were also mentioned as possible candidates for the A’s managerial job.)

Brad Ausmus sounds good. I say go ahead and hire him.

Olson to the Rays