The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Does he know social media doesn’t vote?

1 Like

It’s not as common these days, but on occasion, I still wonder how the hell we got here, where a raving lunatic enthralls almost half our country.

6 Likes

I’m sure many German citizens were saying the same thing 85 years ago.

3 Likes

Agreed. You know, I’ve gone through a lot of my life, wondering how the hell it happened in Germany. Basically, I harbored a disdain for all things German. Figured it was just a weakness in the German character. I guess that thought allowed me stuff that fear away. No longer, I realize all cultures/nations are susceptible.

1 Like

I tend to think of it specifically as the inevitable product of a decades-long campaign by the right to promote cynicism, which lowers our expectations and disinclines us to pay attention to the shit they’re getting away with or to try and do anything about it.

Like, sure, there are potential fascists everywhere, but what’s nuts about this American version is that it arose in the richest nation on earth. Zee Germans at least had the ruins of WWI and the disaster of Weimar as an excuse. The American right just got carried away watching tv and now look where we are.

5 Likes

Not a very Democratic process to install whoever you want, no matter what the public thinks.

Will you feel the same way when Trump loses the popular vote again?

2 Likes

That doesn’t really have anything to do with the way Harris was chosen. Not one US citizen voted for her. She was installed by the Democrat Party. I really don’t think she could have beaten other Democrat candidates. She didn’t fare well in 2019.

As far as your question, like the electoral college or not, the popular vote really doesn’t matter.

This is from Trump’s campaign photo op at the Arlington National Cemetery.

You know, it never occurred to me that it would be ok to stand at someone’s gravesite, smile and give a thumbs up. But now I can think of one where I might…

1 Like

Because there’s one thing I know, I’d like to live
Long enough to savor
That’s when they finally put you in the ground
I’ll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

2 Likes

This is some seriously dark shit.

2 Likes

These people are bottom-feeding, classless, repugnant trash.
So many of my veteran buddies are sickened to their core by this reprehensible fuckwit’s bucking the rules of Arlington National and his overall historical berating of the military in general.
Fuck this man and his ilk

Now we are concerned about the military. Democrats were not concerned about the military when Barry Soetoro continuously disrespected them. The military loves Trump.

Let me ask you one question is your money that good?
Will it buy you forgiveness? Do you think that it could?
I think you will find, when your death takes its toll
All the money you made will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die and your death will come soon
I will follow your casket by the pale afternoon
And I’ll watch while you’re lowered down to your deathbed
And I’ll stand over your grave 'til I’m sure that you’re dead

1 Like

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/europe/fake-maga-accounts-x-european-influencers-intl-cmd

Again…because you seem to fundamentally misunderstand how elections work…you’ll get your chance to vote. When the election occurs.

So you voted for Kamala in the primary?

Unless you’re a member of the Democratic Party, it’s none of your fucking business how they chose a candidate.

4 Likes

Strange. I don’t see her name on this list. Kamala couldn’t have beat Williamson or Phillips.

I didn’t vote for Trump, yet the Republican Party nominated him anyway.