The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

I was still reading (and appreciating) the thread. I understand if it was wearing out the fellow completists who like me cannot tolerate an unread thread, likewise if it was taking up otherwise valuable bandwidth, but I thought it served a reasonably valuable purpose as a repository of political grievances and window into D. Ward’s sadly reflective delusion. I defer to our benevolent TZ Overlords, but objection noted.

9 Likes

Understandable but I’m going to miss it. Sometimes it went in weird directions, similar to most threads.

Figures it would be a Paxton post that ruined it all. (Too soon??)

1 Like

If another thread with better discourse can exist, so be it.

1 Like

How about we give the 2 combatants a time out from the thread?

Maybe they just both need a good spanking. People need to start spanking their kids like they did when I was young.

Another option is, the people who don’t want to see it showing up, they can simply do this.

4 Likes

Combatants is one way to describe the discordant back and forth verbal volleying but it seems as though Limey has D.Ward on ignore. The comic can’t hear the mute heckler.

1 Like

I don’t see it as two combatants. It seems to me that Limey’s providing a running commentary that’s useful and often entertaining, and many others participate constructively in one way or another while one particular poster relentlessly interjects while scarcely ever getting any feedback. I know he’s relentless by the number times every day I have to dismiss the posts so that the thread doesn’t show as unread.

I guess what I’m saying is despite obvious annoyances I didn’t really have a problem with the format.

10 Likes

It is not my intent to shut down all political talk here. There is room on this forum for a political thread, but it can’t just be shitposting. I’m having a hard time understanding the virtue of how things were going.

Either way, I’m not inclined to unlock the old thread since some weird things started happening after it exceeded 10,000 posts. I’ve been considering for a while locking it for that reason, but kept putting it off until The Limey and DWARD Show got to me in recent days. Just like we have other threads that are contained by years (baseball-related threads, the dead pool), political threads could be the same way: start a new one every year on January 1.

There is also a “slow mode” feature available for threads where people can only post every X number of minutes/hours/whatever. Maybe that would help cut down on the noise.

2 Likes

monty-python-spank

4 Likes

Naughty, bad Zut!

1 Like

One of the best bits:

Galahad: I am Sir Galahad, the Chaste
Zoot: My name is Zoot. Just Zoot.

1 Like

“You were in terrible peril.”
“Look, let me go back in there and face the peril!”
“No, it’s too perilous.”

3 Likes

The bits on this show are hit and miss, but this one spanks

1 Like

My fav.

3 Likes

You don’t want to know what comes next.

1 Like

FWIW, for my part in the old thread, I do have DWARD on ignore so I have no idea what he was posting. I wasn’t posting to elicit a reaction from him, and I have no control over what he does in response to my posts.

You guys (mods) run the site and pay to keep it up, so I am happy to abide by whatever decisions you make. This is your sandbox, and I am just a freeloading guest.

2 Likes

NO ONE expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!

That dynamic was one of my favorite aspects of the thread.

4 Likes

I certainly believe that you had/have him on ignore, but you have to have a very good idea what he’s posting.