The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Every time ‘kacklin Kamala opens her mouth and speaks, it’s free campaigning for President Trump.

Iconic.

6 Likes

What exactly is iconic? She stood up in front of people and lied non stop?

That story I’ve heard of the Who is them opening for Herman’s Hermits. But I’ve heard this story about a lot of bands. The New Yardbirds (soon to be renamed Led Zeppelin) opening for Iron Butterfly, Van Halen opening for Journey…I don’t know how true any of them are.

JD Vance’s negative rizz tour continues.

It’s hilarious how “IDGAF” the server is, but what is up with JD’s hair?

2 Likes

That’s humiliating. He obviously doesn’t have the political ability to read the room.

2 Likes

He is just so gobsmackingly oblivious.

And, as is required by internet law, the clip has been edited to the outro theme from “Veep”.

2 Likes

Even his “how long have you worked here?” has a menacing tone, like he’s about to fire them or something. A creep to his core.

1 Like

Herman’s Hermits, that’s the group in the story I’ve heard. No one (swidt?) thought that was a good idea. I’ve seen both bands live and can assure anyone who remains uncertain that the scheduling on that particular occasion was not optimal.

It sounded to me exactly like a VC guy trying to figure out how easy it’s going to be to clean house once they take over.

2 Likes

Pretending to care before they fire your ass.

The Kamala Crash. Oh the humanity!

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 11.00.11 AM

After her rambling speech the writing is on the wall. Trump is clearly the more competent and experienced candidate.

This reminds me of a thought by Eric Clapton that is printed inside Stevie Ray Vaughn’s greatest hits CD I have on a shelf somewhere.

If you don’t know, SRV was on tour opening for Clapton when he died.

Clapton said that SRV’s last performance was the only time in his career that he knew he could not be better nor would the audiance expect him to he better than the opening act.

Whether hyperbole because of the tragedy or not, high praise.

I’ve seen some strange combinations.

Living Color opening for the Rolling Stones comes to mind. Many of the 'Stones fans weren’t very thrilled.

1 Like

It’s becoming more and more obvious that there’s a significant swath of the population that is incapable of extracting meaning from song lyrics.

2 Likes

Because the internet is, and always will be, undefeated, JD Vance is being likened to an interstellar cockroach wearing an “Eggar” suit. So, so perfect.

Helllooo YMCA.

I’m sure I’ve seen some weirder ones, especially at festivals, but the one that sticks with me is:

Primus/Anthrax/Public Enemy at the [International Ballroom?] circa 1992

1 Like