The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Some of Kamala’s accomplishments as VP.

Oh man…

This is also real.

1 Like

Here’s the thing: polls don’t accurately reflect the mood of the nation, because they don’t poll a representative cross-section anymore. But I will accept that poll movements can reflect a change in those who are answering the phone to an unknown caller (mostly older people).

Presidential candidates usually get a bump in the polls coming out of a convention. It makes sense; they’ve just had a week of wall-to-wall coverage of adoring crowds and injecting the campaign message directly into the mainstream media. That bump is usually in the high single digits.

This year, Trump also had the had the circumstance of an assassination attempt. Something he clearly was trying to lean into with the oversized ear patch. His poll numbers should’ve skyrocketed…right? Nope.

From pre-shooting/RNC to now, his polling is down 1 point. He is sitting at 47% (the same poll has Harris at 46%). The problem for Trump is that it is his people who are answering the phone and his numbers aren’t moving. He has who he has, and he isn’t winning anyone else.

Now fast-forward one month to the DNC. Harris will be unveiling her VP pick and will have a week of wall-to-wall coverage of adoring crowds and injecting the campaign message directly into the mainstream media. And assuming that message is as blunt and direct as the press release above, it’s going to be a brutal week for Trump.

1 Like

The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin’.

I wonder if he does pull-out couches or if he just, well, never mind.

3 Likes

I predict lots of incoherent ‘truths’ and lots of Gerbie spinning his wheel.

1 Like

Laz-e-Boy might be more his speed.

1 Like

I don’t know for certain that he had sex with THAT couch, but I’m sure he has had sex a number of times with a variety of home furnishings and appliances.

1 Like

If y’all haven’t read The Corrections yet, first of all I highly recommend it, secondly it includes the best (also the worst, read: “only”) depiction of attempted settee fucking I have ever read.

ETA: (and no I don’t think it was consensual.)

1 Like

What about a sectional? Does having sex with a sectional qualify as an orgy?

2 Likes

The proclivities of folks in West Virginia is to burn couches. The proclivities of folks in other parts of Appalachia run towards different vices apparently.

1 Like

It does but you do NOT want to hear the pillow talk.

1 Like

I shudder to think about where those pillows have been

1 Like

“Those aren’t pillows.”

8 Likes

Had a lot of threesomes with me, random college chick, and an amazing purple couch back in the day. I have no stone to throw.

1 Like

Now you know why we burn them.

5 Likes

Settee suttee.

3 Likes

To paraphrase Marvin Gaye: He got Sectional Healing.

6 Likes

Ol’ JD draws the line with chaise lounges, though.

A man has to know his limitations.

1 Like

“Hi JD, welcome to the Oval Office. Pull up a chair and take a load off.”

5 Likes