The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

She makes a good point:

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 12.12.05 PM

3 Likes

Even if its not true, will generously assume it was the plan all along.

2 Likes

Fuck off.

Pelosi just formally endorsed Harris.

I wondered if the top elected Democrats were staying out of it to avoid the look of having a thumb on the scale before the convention, but that problem seems moot now.

2 Likes

The truth hurts, don’t it?

It seems that Democrats are moving in on TrumpWorld’s AI generated idolization.

1 Like

You sure are sensitive.

Not sure why that bothers you so much, most everyone could see it, and his absence is why most Dems are fired up all of a sudden. If you had your way, the whole party would still be mired in depression, with its elites blaming voters for what they clearly saw.

2 Likes

Mainly is the issue…should we have a democratic future there will be a day we leave this identity politics horseshit behind. 2024 is not that day.

But right now having our first jewish vp or (openly) gay vp is more DEI than the ticket can support. Kamala for president is a big ask for a racist, misogynistic nation. Homophobia and antisemitism are having a(nother) moment too.

Harris will pick a partner who attracts voters who she wouldn’t get (or show up) otherwise.

1 Like

Im sure there was a nauseating quantum of messiness in the rooms where this sausage got made. But because the dems have a functioning party they did it largely in private, god bless them.

Honestly. Biden stepping down is one of the noblest things an American President has done for his country. God bless you Joe.

5 Likes

The reason Texicommie is so upset about Biden being removed by his party is that he has been a staunch supporter of Biden since day one and has been coming in here telling everyone how great of a job he has done. Deep down, we all knew Biden wasn’t able to call the shots. He refused to see what everyone else was seeing. Since Trump exposed Biden’s serious dementia issues on live television in front of the whole world, he feels quite embarrassed and upset that he could be so wrong and quite honestly made a fool out of himself.

What they aren’t showing you is her next step when she trips, falls, drops the torch and burns everything down.

You, Sir, may not be a gentleman. Sadly, i suspect that you may be a turd.

Ouch. That really hurts.

I don’t really care what went on in private as long as the result was reasonable unity presented to the public. We were struggling with a perception issue in large part and it would have been very bad to go from that to a Democrats in disarray narrative, very unhelpful. Now that everyone seems to be on the same page and energized, what went on behind closed doors is irrelevant.

4 Likes

Based on the hearings today it seems that the country is being unified by the assassination attempt after all…everyone wants secret service director cheatle to resign.

1 Like

Amen.

Encouraging sign, IMO

Basically, the Harris camp has reached out to Obama adviser Plouffe to join campaign. It’s a good sign: recognize weaknesses and seek out and hopefully acquire top talent.

4 Likes

Plouffe is one of the smartest Democratic advisors out there, probably THE smartest among those with whom I have any familiarity.

3 Likes

CO Gov. Jared Polis upon being asked if he’d serve as Harris’ VP:

If they do the polling and it turns out they need a 49-year-old balding gay Jew from Boulder Colorado, they’ve got my number.

There’s another state governor to strike from the list, too. Gretchen Whitmer:

Today, not only am I fired up to endorse Kamala Harris for President of the United States, I’m proud to serve as a co-chair of her campaign.

3 Likes

I’m sure Kamala will seek the input of Willie Brown at some point. Willie really taught Kamala a lot to get her where she is today.