The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Show us your picture of him not wearing one at the golf course.

You have no clue if Trump has spoke with her or not. Yet more made up propaganda by Limey. You literally cannot trust anything that you post.

Just in case the point was too subtle, Musk weighs in:

Sources close to the Tesla and X chief executive told The Wall Street Journal that Musk plans to donate $45 million monthly to America PAC, a pro-Trump political-action committee.

Just saw the leaked video of Trump’s call to RFK Jr. The NYT article was short, and focused oddly on Trump comparing his wound to a big mosquito bite. He also said something about immigrants that I couldn’t discern, but what did catch my attention was him trying to coax Kennedy by appealing to antivax sentiments. And he starts rambling on about the big shots for 20 lb babies and the changes in the kids that soon occur.

It reminded me of his chlorine and UV talk. Just sheer fucking stupidity. I want Biden replaced, but all those calls for attention to be shined on Trump are accurate. Trump might have more energy than Biden, but if he is forced to spout his nonsense in the light of day, his appeal will wane.

Biden has performed well in over 20 appearances since the debate. The debate itself was designed in a lab to allow Trump to spew his stream of consciousness bollocks, while Biden was left to try to do the job of an entire news network on his own. Of course Trump looked better.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of the Trump/RFK Jr vid. Here it is.

Complete gibberish, but it does confirm collusion between the two campaigns.

1 Like

We are going to disagree here. Biden has been, by my definition of what a Presidential candidate should be, terrible in almost all his appearances post debate. Every chance he has to make his case, he utterly fails. I sense that his instincts/mind are there, in that he knows the response should include A, B,C etc, but his body/speech just won’t allow him to articulate it.

When you’re behind and you need to change people’s minds, you need communication skills that he just doesn’t have. However, it is possible that Trump will turn off enough people that they’ll get out and vote, but depending solely on that is a dubious strategy for Dems in such a crucial election.

1 Like

That comment is laughable.

1 Like

I agree that Biden hasn’t been the ideal campaigner, but I remain in the “devil you know” camp. The shooting and the nomination of Vance as VP has shifted the narrative (the NBC interview was taped before the shooting, I believe), and so let’s see how things go from here.

Trump is all over the news right now, and most of it for negative reasons. The Democrats will be reaffirming Biden/Harris as the ticket in a couple of weeks, so let’s see how that pans out.

My other thought here is that, apparently, the Democrats have switched candidates mid-campaign twice in their history, and got creamed both times. Swapping Biden for another candidate will just be swapping one stupid press narrative for another. Stay the course and let the Trump/Vance ooze turn off so many voters that Biden’s debate will be forgotten.

1 Like

To wit, the Trump/RFK call is terrible for both campaigns - Trump offers RFK Jr a position in his administration - and Trump is shown to be an unhinged raving lunatic in private so, no Susan Collins, he hasn’t learned anything.

The tape was released by RFK Jr’s son.

Eh, I just view all those reasons as the ole can’t-do attitude and risk aversion. Seeing the glass as half empty when it’s clearly half full. However, it’s now apparent to me that Democrats have a large proportion of people with that attitude, and I’m likely stuck with a candidate who is horrible at things a candidate should be good at. Just hope it doesn’t cost America her future.

2 Likes

Biden wasn’t my choice in 2016, but he got the job done then and has been an exceptional president since. It’s the latter part that should carry him to re-election. By the time voting starts, even the people who haven’t been paying attention will have seen enough of Trump to remember what his four years were like and vote accordingly.

Also, don’t forget that Trump’s campaign imploded in early-October 2016 because it was broke. That campaign wasn’t paying $100,000/day in legal bills…

Actually, he wasn’t anyone’s choice in 2016.

It was enough to get him the victory. Plus he didn’t have the Democrat Party trying to sue and indict him on anything that they can make up.

Bob Menendez guilty on all counts. Good.

It’s nuts that there is no mechanism to kick him out of the senate.

Limey, do you know what the hold-up is with the NY state appeals court regarding the $454 million judgment against DJT? I can’t find anything in the news more recent than early April.

Well the main holdup is that they don’t have a case.

As far as I know, the appeal is ongoing and Trump was able to scrawl an IOU on a ketchup-stained napkin as a bond. I do believe that it is expected to be resolved before November.

Joe Biden has done a good job during his term as president. That’s what a presidential candidate should need to be good at, most of all. Sure, it would also be nice if he could be more articulate in media/public appearances, but it’s his performance during the last four years combined with the fact his opponent shouldn’t even be allowed to run that should be why he gets reelected. If you value democracy, you vote for Biden. It really isn’t that difficult this election cycle.

It’s an indictment on our country that many people care more about how political candidates come across in the media rather than their actual job performance.

4 Likes

Tell us what some of Biden’s major accomplishments are as President.