The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Ballots - NOT bullets - should determine the election outcome.
Even RFK Jr should have protection.

1 Like

The Trump rally shooter was a registered Republican and used an AR-15. He made a $15 donation to a progressive PAC in 2021. Most likely heā€™s just ā€œsome dudeā€ with severe mental issues and a gun.

Every statement Iā€™ve seen from a Democrat condemns this act and any act of violence. Trumpy Republicans are trying to turn up the gas.

How we all handle this is ā€œheart and soul of the nationā€ stuff.

And this matters why?

But fuck that guy who took a bullet instead, amiright?

People like you are the problem.

1 Like

God is a ā€œbig pictureā€ guy. Apparently heā€™s not too worked up about the nameless rabble.

5 Likes

Canā€™t keep President Trump down. Golfing this morning and now headed to the RNC. Trump represents strength and unity. Yesterday sealed the election for him.

1 Like

Ditto Trump. He went golfing today, instead ofā€¦I donā€™t knowā€¦going to see those injured in the attack or visiting the family of the man who died being a human shield to said family.

Iā€™m sure Joey B went to see them. Had Biden have been shot, he would be in his hidey hole for months.

Evidently things will be settled at the battle box. Iā€™m glad we have that figured out.

1 Like

Itā€™s his character and humility weā€™ve all loved about donny.

3 Likes

Eyewitnesses alerted law enforcement to a gunman crawling around on a roof near Trumpā€™s speech on Saturday. One local law enforcement officer climbed onto the roof to see what was happening, the shooter pointed his AR-15 at the officer, who promptly climbed back down. The shooter then took a hurried shot at Trump before being taken out by a Secret Service sniper.

Two things:

1. That officer, despite not directly interfering with the shooter, likely saved Trumpā€™s life; and
  2. Here is yet another example of trained law enforcement refusing to act when faced with an active shooter and an AR-15.

Regardless of the import of the intended target - be it 3rd graders in a classroom or a former president on a podium - the human beings behind the badge will not engage an AR-15. This is why they should not be on the streets.

1 Like

Local law enforcement, especially in such a small town, is not equipped or trained to handle that level of security. Not that youā€™re wrong about the other stuff, however.

The secret service agents/cops on the roof top of the building had a sight on the shooter for over 3 minutes. There needs to be a lot of questions asked as to why the shooter wasnā€™t taken out immediately. The shooter wasnā€™t up on the roof of the building with an AR collecting for the Red Cross. A colossal failure by the secret service on this one. The only thing that saved Trump was the fact that he turned his head last second.

Iā€™m aware of the handoffs between the Feds and the locals, and have been reading what has come out so far regarding the potentials for breaches, but as someone who has worked multiple events with Secret Service and local law enforcement for appearances by sitting Vice-Presidents, Presidents and royalty from other countries, (Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth), I wonder: is the level of protection available and provided different between those highest levels of sitting officeholders versus past Presidents and presumptive Presidential nominees? It wouldnā€™t surprise me if it was, and if a campaign was on the hook to make up the difference it might well be that they would only go so far in spending what it would take to get to that highest level of protection.

I would guess that itā€™s higher for at least some sitting officers, such as President and VP, than it is for others, including potential nominees; however, with Trump a former President and being entitled to all that entails, it may not be, at least not much. Still, he is a private citizen and higher levels other than the standard afforded any former President should be on the campaign or party to secure. I donā€™t know if that was an issue here or not, but itā€™s sounding like it might be.

Trump is being sued by multiple municipalities for not paying the bills for his rallies. He owes millions going back to his 2016 campaign.

Unbelievably tight measures were the absolute minimum for the events I worked for Presidents and royalty; very slightly less so for the VPs. The security for the royals was actually even more restrictive than it was for the Presidents. And the secure zone around them was considerable, maybe a mile in some instances.

1 Like

In other bullet-dodging news (not sorry), Judge Cannon has dismissed the superseding indictment against Trump in the stollen (sic) documents case.

I presume this is appealable as a jury had not been sworn in.

We are so fucked as a country