The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

So Trump has to go to Barron’s graduation now, right? I mean, he hasn’t attended any of his other children’s graduations, so this will be a first for him.

On a similar note, while Trump loves to bleat in front of every microphone in Christendom that it is so unfair that he has to be in court when he wants to be campaigning, court has been off for 4 of the last 6 days and Trump has held exactly zero campaign events.

1 Like

Judge Merchan laid the ground work:

The law doesn’t allow him to fine Trump to the point where it’s meaningful, so the time will come where he will have to send him to jail because that’s all the law does allow.

I learned a new word: “contemnor”.

1 Like

They’re not going to do it, at least I hope not as it just plays into his bullshit narrative. Just let him bluster and hopefully be found guilty, as that makes him look way weaker than jailing him while he is found guilty.

One of the benefits of a classical education is that I already knew this to be Latin for “orange chucklefuck”.

2 Likes

I still don’t know if he will be jailed, but what I suspect/hope Merchan is doing here is building a firewall against an appeal. If he does eventually jail Trump for contempt, Trump will absolutely use that as a cause for appeal and Merchan will just point to the above extract from his ruling.

Jail is all you gave me to use so I used it. Appeal denied.

Trump will be jailed if he continues to beat Biden in the polls. They don’t have an excuse for mass mail in voting this time. They have to come up with another plan to beat Trump or else they will be defeated again like in 2016 when Trump slipped up on them and won.

Hahahaha I actually agree with the old demented sock puppet on this one.

Worth a watch:

1 Like

Me either, no matter the outcome of the trial or these contempt charges. But as long as he spends the rest of his miserable, traitorous life (and money) tied up in court cases that’s an ok outcome for me. Especially all the appeals for this criminal case since he has to be there in person. I’ll take it.
Although the Jack Smith case is supposed to be really really bad for Trump and no doubt the rest of the Republican party, notably the House and Ted Cruz (who will hopefully be unemployed before the trial finally starts).

2 Likes

It will all go away after the election.

Paxton is at the trial today because….who the fuck knows? Houston Chronicle (@houstonchron) on Threads

He wants to be VP.

That would be so fitting

2 Likes

The next time you hear Trump complaining about how long his trial is taking, remember things like today, where Team The People had to call someone from C-SPAN to authenticate a video of Trump saying nice things about Michael Cohen at one of his rallies because team Trump refused to stipulate to its authenticity.

So an executive director of C-SPAN had to fly up from DC to appear in court today, to say “yup” when asked if the video clip is authentic, after which Team Trump declined to cross-examine.

There will be a parade of such “custodian” witnesses who are there purely to authenticate a thing. At least Trump has to sit through it all, while paying his lawyers thousands per hour to do nothing.

After the C-SPAN guy, Team The People called a representative of the company that facilitated Trump’s deposition in the E. Jean Carroll case, presumably so that such deposition can be entered into the record.

I wonder whether the pomp and circumstance around all these pieces of evidence will make a difference with the jury. Will it create a greater importance for these items in their minds?

Now where getting to it. The People call Keith Davidson - attorney to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal.

Trump complained to the judge today about the courtroom being too cold. This is week three of the trial, and he has been cold since day one. Has it occurred to him to maybe wear something wormer?

According to NBC News, Don Snoreleon is at it again. I wonder how the jurors feel having to sit in the same cold courtroom, and stay awake under threat of contempt, while the man who is the reason they are there naps his way through the whole thing.

Gotta love the two tiered justice system.

Bill Clinton pays Paula Jones $850,000 to shut her up and we hear crickets.

Hillary Clinton classifies funding the Steele Dossier as “legal fees” and we hear crickets.

If Trump was a Democrat, you would be hearing crickets.