The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

“Luminescent” is always safe.

Let’s see if this leads anywhere:

The only reason we are talking about documents is because President Trump is the clear favorite to win the next presidency. The Democrats need to create a scene and a narrative to fool naive and simply not very smart voters.

The “concerned parent” that got Amanda Gorman’s inauguration poem banned in Florida is a member of white supremacy group(s) and recently posted a favorable review of “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion”.

Seriously.

Do you live in Texas?

Paxton asked the lege for appropriation for his whistleblower settlement, they said no. He can’t use OAG funds either. Paxton then calls for drunk Phelan to resign and now this from the House. It was probably in the works previously since Paxton only costs the state money. I am unsuccessful finding any redeeming value from the GOP but at least they aren’t paying for that lawsuit.

2 Likes

Paxton has been fundraising for his defense.

Hey, whatever you choose as the safe word is between you and your partner

Yes, thankful that liberals are outnumbered here.

Amazing that after everything Paxton has done (and the man is a worthless fuck, imo), it’s the threat of paying for a lawsuit that has Republicans clutching their pearls and willing to take a courageous stand here.

If I’m understanding correctly, though, even of the House impeaches him, Paxton still has to be convicted in the Senate, which is not guarunteed because he allegedly has more allies there than in the House?

3 Likes

We all know the slime-balls that are the Texas QOP will protect Paxton at any cost.
Much like their national party, they’re a gaggle of anti-democratic, pro-authoritarian, cowardly, white Christian nationalist twats, hellbent on minority rule, no matter the cost to our republic.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure about it this time. He has few remaining allies, anywhere.

Everything Trump touches dies.

In the weeks after the former president appeared on CNN, the network’s ratings have plummeted. In fact, its ratings last week were the worst the network has posted since June 2015—a momentous month in American politics, given Trump’s now infamous escalator ride. The network averaged just 429,000 total daily viewers from Monday to Friday, per data cited to The Daily Beast—less than half of those of MSNBC and Fox News.

Actually, CNN was dying when they begged President Trump to come on their program to try to boost ratings. Trump exposed how crooked they are and made them look terrible.

I thought I read that the psycho right still backed him, including the powerful POS Dan Patrick.

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit.

I’ll believe it when I see it too, but an interesting side note is that Patrick’s son Ryan is one of the four attorneys who investigated Paxton on behalf of the House General Investigating Committee.

Just in - they’re calling for the vote tomorrow. https://twitter.com/james_barragan/status/1662163881727229964?s=46&t=dW1a8DfNeGLlgMVnFVc73Q

They’re running at ludicrous speed on this, which tells me that there’s some major shit about Paxton about to break from somewhere, and they’re trying to get ahead of it.

Conservatism 101: “grift to shift then shift to grift”

1 Like