The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Everything they say is made up, or taken from the worst case scenario, like the price of eggs for people that live in Alaska that have to have their supplies flown in.

Not to mention, any time you see “inflation” now, replace it with “insane corporate profits” because that’s what’s happening.

1 Like

I mean, I can just as easily say gas was $9.67/gallon in 2019 and it’s $0.26/gallon today, and be just as accurate as this nonsense. Just because someone writes a number on a piece of paper doesn’t mean that’s the actual price of tea in China.

1 Like

“Grok” (the source) is Elon’s AI-bot that has the ability to create posts on Xwitter.

In other words, it’s complete made up nonsense. Which is obvious on its face to anyone with a thimble full of sense.

1 Like

Just looked in the freezer for fun…HEB’s premium ground sirloin is $5.99/lb, and there’s about 10 cheaper varieties out there.

Yes, but that assuming right-wingers have a thimble of common sense.

1 Like

re: Grok

So what you’re saying is that Elon Musk used his in-house AI tool (Grok) to create a fake news article, then used his own platform to amplify it, spread it, & shield it from fact-checkers?

Now you can see why he bought the platform. He wants to create his own reality.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1776432979624992959?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1776432979624992959|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

1 Like

And if you’re paying $4.49 for a gallon of milk or $1.49 for a pound of rice, you’re just willfully stupid.

1 Like

The FTC released this report 2 weeks ago:

“The FTC’s report examining U.S. grocery supply chains finds that dominant firms used this moment to come out ahead at the expense of their competitors and the communities they serve.”

Also notice that the prices conveniently go up a very fixed amount in most cases. Say from $1.99-$2.99 for example. Why would “inflation” cause the price of something to increase beyond the actual inflation rate and immediately hit the next dollar price tier…? So even if this dumbass graph were true, it would point to price gouging and not “inflation”.

In other news, the US inflation rate is the 9th lowest rate IN THE WORLD.

3 Likes

Ah, doesn’t fit the Democrat agenda I see.

Democrats listen to the liberal media and of course they will downplay inflation, especially in an election year.

If by “agenda” you mean not valuing data that is untrue on its face? Then yes.

It’s almost like you posted something that fits your agenda though… but we all know how much you love to project.

1 Like

The Democrat agenda is to paint that everything is great since we have a Democrat president who can do no wrong according to them. They try to blame everything they screw up on someone else. Saying that inflation is a problem when there is a Democrat president does not fit “the agenda.”

Are you aware that inflation is a global issue? It doesn’t seem like you do. Is Biden to blame for the runaway inflation in Zimbabwe? Is he also to be commended for the slightly lower inflation rate in Japan? Or is it possible that just maybe you’re full of shit?

2 Likes

Does Zimbabwe have an old demented sock puppet running their country too? Biden damn sure hasn’t done anything to help inflation. Biden’s war on energy is one cause of inflation. If fuel prices are higher, it costs more for farmers to harvest crops. It also costs more to ship and transport goods. Your grocery bill and cost of living goes up in the process. Democrats love inflation.

Please describe in your own words Biden’s war on energy

He shut down the Keystone pipeline, revoked oil and gas leases across the country, paused all LNG export terminal permits, all the while making us dependent on foreign energy.

So your answer is “no”. You don’t realize inflation is a global issue. You also don’t realize your milk costs more mostly due to the need for profits.

ETA: (It’s also a global issue that the US has fared quite well in compared to its peers)

I don’t really know what things cost or don’t cost, but those didn’t seem like unreasonable prices to me for any of those things, so I went through and checked them on the HEB website and through the Fed’s economic research website, Fred. Fred is really fascinating.

Just saying orange juice is extremely unhelpful. Frozen? Fresh squeezed? Minute Maid? Whatever, that’s a gallon of juice, which is a boatload of juice. Usually people are talking about frozen concentrate when they’re talking about commodity prices. A plain ol gallon Hill Country Fare is $6.22. A can of 12 oz frozen, which makes 60 oz. of juice is $2.85. So yeah, that’s at least in the ballpark. Interestingly, purchase of orange juice as a commodity has fallen through the floor, as has production. People just don’t buy large amounts of orange juice, and production is at its lowest levels since WWII.

I can’t remember the last time I bought orange juice.

Coffee, 12 oz? is that a common size? I can buy 13 oz of HEB classic roast for $4.14. The fed pegs a pound of coffee at $6.12, so I’ll leave you to your own math, maths for Limey, to get back to 12 oz.

20 oz of large white enriched bread at HEB is $2.27. According to the Federal Reserve the average price in April 2020 was about $1.37, and today is about $2.04, so those are pretty realistic numbers.

Eggs have seen huge volatility over the last 4 years, after 40 years of relative stability. In January 2023 they had shot from $1.46 in January 2020 to $4.82. by January 2024 they had settled back to $2.52. A lot of foods did the post 2020 supply chain jump, and you see the same thing in chicken breasts. In Jan. 2020 a pound of boneless skinless breasts were $3.05. By Sept. 2022 they were $4.74. They’re now back down to 4.10.

A pound of rice in Jan. 2020 was $.71. Today it’s $.99. Interestingly, the huge increase in rice prices came in September 2008, when rice shot from $.54 in Nov. 2007 to $.85, and then never came back down.

The last thing I checked was butter and milk. Milk hit a 20-year low in July 2018 of $2.83. Before that the previous high had been July 2008 when it was $3.77. In November 2023 it climbed to a high of $4.21. It’s since fallen to $3.94. In Jan. 2020 it was $3.25.

As of January 2024 the cost of a pound of butter was $4.65. In January 2020 it was $3.86. Interestingly, the recent low point for butter came in Nov. 2020.

The fed seems to have stopped tracking bologna in 2019, but the price then was $2.79. Today I can buy a pound of Oscar Meyer at HEB for $2.98. As for the price of bologna in untested posts about Bidenomics, priceless.

I’m now hungry. Thanks a lot, Biden.

2 Likes