The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

To wit:

Earlier this week Judge Kaplan entered the order to pay E. Jean Carroll her $83.3 million, which means Trump is now on the clock to settle the damages or post a bond in the equivalent amount in order to appeal. So, if Judge Engoran’s penalty is announced tomorrow as is expected, this is going to be a very expensive week for Orange Jesus. Especially as it’s all going to be his money and not other people’s.

He will once he boots the old demented sock puppet out of office.

One person does not remove another person from the Office of the President. The American people vote a person into that office.

1 Like

Yes and the American people will do just that.

Fani Willis lobbing truth bombs.

Wow she’s not biased at all. A judge is supposed to be impartial and hear both sides. That hooker has her mind made up. I just wonder how much money she is being paid to prosecute Trump the way the Democrats want her to?

Told you. His campaign will be broke by July.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-02-14/donald-trump-on-pace-to-drain-legal-funds-by-july

Donald Trump will likely drain his war chest for legal fees this summer, leaving the GOP frontrunner crunched for cash just as his presidential campaign ramps up spending for an expected rematch with President Joe Biden.

Alexander Smirnov sounds like a joke name. Like Sillius Soddus.

This is Comer’s star informant, btw.

Yeah, the other night I lay sleeping
And I woke from a terrible dream
So I called up my pal Jack Daniel’s
And his partner Jimmy Beam

1 Like

What I heard doesn’t jive with this. Basically, the question isn’t about their relationship, but whether there was financial improprieties, specifically whether she benefited from funds he was payed by Fulton County. If she did, there’s a problem; otherwise, it’s just a distraction.

Also, I don’t get the self-imposed outrage. I’m not about to fall under the spell of Trump’s bullshit, where we’re asked to hold people to a standard no one on their side ever does. Democrats are always so willing to play by a set of rules that dooms them.

1 Like

I’m not sure why the prosecution would be affected by her improprieties, except that she’d need to be taken out of the prosecution.

Why? If her improprieties are limited to having an affair with a contract attorney, what’s the relevance?

If she’s skimming off the contract to him, then that’s corruption, and I fully understand that she needs removal, not because it’s related to this specific trial, but because she’s corrupt.

My anger at all this is the pearl clutching I hear from people: that her affair looks bad and somehow taints this trial. I mean, if this Hur dude was sleeping with his hired help, does that taint his conclusions on Biden?

It’s hard to legitimately conjure a conflict of interest out of the affair. It would be a massive distraction, though, because Trump would cry about nothing else.

I was really assuming some illegality, but even now she’d be the focus of the defense. It seems like a tactical error for her to stay in the courtroom.

1 Like

The guy who is a hero to the GOP and mentor to the GOP’s presumptive nominee just murdered his political opponent, while the GOP’s presumptive nominee is in front of the Supreme Court arguing that he is allowed to do exactly that, and it will not illuminate a single lightbulb in the heads of MAGA World.

3 Likes

Oops

This guy is doing about as good a job as can be done at containing the rage he felt after seeing his family in the immediate vicinity of an active shooter event.

She’s not in much of a position to “lob truth bombs” and maintain any semblance of credibility. She perjured herself. A lawyer. She should just take her licks and dissolve into the background instead of performing this pedantic show.

1 Like

There was significant doubt raised about the credibility of the witness who claimed the relationship started before Willis and Wade swore it did. Billed as Willis’s “best friend”, it turns out that she was a former employee of the FCDA’s office who Willis got rid of.

Testimony from a disgruntled former employee carries much less weight than that from a “best friend”. Willis and Wade stuck by their timeline and Team Trump has zero corroboration for their witness’s testimony.

I jumped the gun on my take on this yesterday, not realizing the weakness of the evidence nor the strength of the pushback to come. My bad.

3 Likes

Yeah, and the exact date it began is not exactly clear in a lot of relationships, and likely viewed differently by many parties.

Again, it’s so irrelevant. It’s so Clinton/Starrish. Republicans must laugh all the time how effective their bullshit is.

3 Likes