The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Colorado is not sending its best.

Fun fact: the jury in the E Jean Carroll lawsuit heard the entirety of Trumpā€™s deposition. Thatā€™s not the fun part. This is: in it, he states - under oath - that he has $300 million in ā€œcashā€ and is worth $10 billion in total.

So thatā€™s the framework within which the jury will determine the damages he must pay. Closing arguments are today.

Meanwhile, weā€™re still waiting for the damages award against Trump for the NY business fraud case. It can come at any moment now, and Fridays are usually a good day for such things. The state has asked for $370 million and the punditry thinks the actual award will be close to that because there are no mitigating factors.

Could be an expensive few days for this fraud.

You hate to see it.

Abbott is defying an order from SCOTUS to remove the baby-snagging razor wire from the Rio Grande. He has vowed that he will use the Texas National Guard to prevent federal agencies from removing it too. Several red state governors have proclaimed they will send their national guard units to reinforce Texasā€™.

Hereā€™s your civil war folks. Happy Friday.

Maybe the old demented sock puppet is going to ā€œbeer brew here ish used to make the brew beer here fighter oooh earth rider thanks for the great lakes I wonder watch.ā€ He was pretty adamant about that in his last speech.

The defense closing argument is not going well. Judge Kaplan just threatened to throw Alina Habba into jail, over her insistence that she introduce a slide that has not previously been introduced into evidence.

She has to be on very think ice after being busted attending Trumpā€™s NH celebration after the trial was delayed in part due to her claiming to have been exposed to COVID.

This isnā€™t necessarily telling false facts though. Alina probably was exposed to Covid, but the Trump campaign wanted her at the rally so that everyone could try the new bleach treatment.

1 Like

Agreed, but ā€œzeroā€ is not going to happen in the real world regardless of anything Abbott says.

Iā€™ve found the actual study from the Journal of the American Medical Association and their methodology is superior to mine. Perhaps you can debunk their numbers.

1 Like

The article features this AMA study, which isnā€™t paywalled. It lays out the methodology the used to arrive at their figures:

ETA: Cabrera aborted this update.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a shit show from top to bottom.

ETA: Hubba claimed in her closing that the accusations are false. That drew a rare - during closing - objection from Carrollā€™s attorney, which got an even more rare ā€œSustainedā€ from the judge. This whole thing is just one long performative shit fit in front of the jurors.

1 Like

There was no effort to debunk anything. I was shocked that the reported number of pregnancies caused by rape was greater than the number of reported rapes.

I thought it was just reasonable questioning of results. No criticism.

Oof!

Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 12.57.44 PM

Actually he did not sexually assault her. But you can think that if it makes you feel better.

I am not confident that facts will influence opinions here, but SCOTUS issued no such order. They ruled to end the injunction that prevents the removal of the wire. Texas does not need to remove it, just stop preventing itā€™s removal. I have no insight into whether they are still blocking federal access.

Good points.

It seems that Abbott has vowed to keep laying down new razor wire if the feds take away the old razor wire.

The only beneficiary here will be Big Razor Wire, and maybe Johnson & Johnson.

Speaking of johnsons, Ted Cruz is still the most dickish human who ever lived:

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS: Jury has a verdict in the E Jean Carroll trial:

Compensation: $7.3 million
Reputational Damage: $11 million
Punitive Damages: $65 million

She will not see a penny of those funds.

Should be a drop in the bucket for someone who claims to have $10 billion.
Guess those Trump humpers are gonna be ponying up large to pay for this.

1 Like

It really is a drop in the bucket for him. However, she will not see a penny of those funds.