The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

I am mindful that no Secretary of State has ever deprived a presidential candidate of ballot access based on Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment. I am also mindful, however, that no presidential candidate has ever before engaged in insurrection.

— Maine Secretary of State Shenna Bellows

3 Likes

Trump is already back on the Colorado ballot. He will be back on the Maine one soon enough. More Democrats pulling a hissy fit because they know he can’t be beat.

1 Like

It would be fun to project the outrageous response. I don’t think any of us would get close. If it involves blandishments for supporters to attack the Maine Secretary of State, is that incitement? Senile ravings? Both?

1 Like

Wait…who’s a nazi now?

The Maine constitution is peculiar. The Secretary of State has to make a determination on the ballot before it can be challenged in court. That’s not naziism, that’s due process.

2 Likes

The single benefit of Trump’s presidency is that it has given everyone a crash course in the constitution, the law (both criminal and civil) and due process.

Sadly, for SCOTUS, such sunlight has not been flattering.

As interesting as is this move by Maine, never forget they they gave us - and keep on giving us - Susan Collins.

Hey Susan! Why are Mainers not allowed to vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger or Olivia Rodrigo or me if they want to?

Couldn’t agree more. It has exposed just how the Democrat party has broke the constitution not only during Trump’s presidency but also after his presidency. They have also weaponized the justice department to try to take President Trump out of the picture since they cannot beat him fairly.

South Carolina has a problem with American history.

I suspect we can find evidence right here of people with no clue as to what due process requires.

ETA: And I vote for Olivia Rodrigo!

1 Like

I’d vote for you. You’re more of a Texan than Ted Cruz.

3 Likes

A stick figure with a cowboy hat on drawn by a disinterested toddler is more a Texan that Ted Cruz.

The fact people in this state keep on voting for that trash bag full of used condoms is all the evidence you need that the education system in Texas is woefully terrible.

4 Likes

And they don’t have maps.

1 Like

VOTE FOR LIMEY!

HE’S NOT THAT GUY

Glad Texas liberals are so outnumbered.

1 Like

Hehe

2 Likes

As of now, Kevin McCarthy is no longer a member of Congress.

Will anyone really notice?

Mike Johnson might. His thin majority shrank by 2 in recent weeks, and he’s due to lose another one early this year.

1 Like

Welcome to 2024.