The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

There is no line of succession for VP, the President just picks one, subject to confirmation by Congress. The last time the VP got promoted to President, we did without a VP for six months.

But I assumed the reference to it being Unconstitutional was due to them both being from California. The Constitution says that electors cannot vote for both President and VP candidates from their own state, at least one has to be from a state other than their own. But that would only apply to that particular state, in this case California. There is no general prohibition on President and VP both being from the same state otherwise, as far as I know. Perhaps I misunderstood the original point, however.

1 Like

Trump, responding to a question about his youngest son:

He’s a tall guy, very tall. 6’8”. he’s a great young man. very good student. I think he’s doing a good job — Barron. I think he’s doing a very good job.

Trump, responding to a question about civil rights legend Fredrick Douglas:

Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice.

He clearly had no clue who Frederick Douglas was, perhaps not even aware that he’s been dead for some time. The only difference between the two answers is that he remembered that Barron is very tall - literally the most obvious thing about the kid.

Also, Trump at a rally last night:

They want to talk about your dishwashers and how much water you’re going to have in your dishwasher, even though they don’t work, and all the other things you have that were so precious and dear and that you never really appreciated until now because they want to take them away.

Ummm…what?!!!

At least that was more coherent than this:

My god, if they take away my dishwasher then who’s supposed to make me sandwiches?

3 Likes

IMG_0768

1 Like

And, yet, somehow Uncle Joe is the one with cognitive decline? :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

It can only decline if it was there in the first place.

Covfefe.
Hamburder.
Person, woman, man, camera.

Joe Biden just starts shouting gibberish when he gets confused. He also is led around like a dog.

You can only say the last four with extreme pride in your intellectual ability.

Holy shit. I’m getting a new dishwasher delivered tomorrow. Trump was right about that old bullshit dishwasher.

1 Like

What about your gas range?

about 450 miles per tank

The best way to get things done that you hold near and dear to you is to bahadagahagar the mobilization of truanazadapressur.

Can’t believe this idiot is President.

The GOP primary somehow managed to focus on an actual thing this weekend: healthcare. It didn’t go well.

Ron De Santis said he would have his healthcare plan available next spring. Yeah, sure Ron.

Trump, though, just went with the applause line of abolishing “ObamaCare”. Fox News thought that such a move - which would yank health insurance from around 40 million Americans - would be “stupid” and “immoral”.

They’re not wrong.

Speaking of Trump, two appellant courts over the weekend - on criminal, one civil - took Trump’s claims of diplomatic presidential immunity and wiped their collective arses with them.

The road for Jan 6 criminal charges and civil suits is now wide open. There are some high-profile civil suits against Trump already, but there is a vast pool of convicted Jan 6 rioters who offered the “defense” that they did it because Trump told them to, who are available to be witnesses and/or members of a class action.

January 6th was nothing but a hoax. Let’s hear why Capitol police opened the doors and led everyone throughout the building. I’m more interested in that.

Trump also blamed FSU’s exclusion from the playoffs on “really bad lobbying effort” by DeSantis

1 Like

You think that Trump means anything that he says?

1 Like

No. But you have to assume that, if he is president, then Congress is going to be in control of the GOP too. Those psychos will repeal ObamaCare on day one and Trump will sign it.

Excellent