The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Dems 206 for, 2 agin, 5 NV
GOP 104 for, 113 agin, 3 NV

NY Gov gets to pick Santosā€™ replacement and the Dems are highly likely to pick up the seat in a special election (itā€™s a Biden +14 district). So the GOPā€™s already tiny majority shrinks a little more.

Santos leaves the House for the last timeā€¦

The seat is filled via the special election. It will remain vacant until then. The Gov doesnā€™t get to appoint a replacement. Vacant Senate seats can be filled via appointment, but the Constitution requires all Representatives to be elected.

1 Like

So the Democrats only pick up a half game?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a Biden +14 district. Santos only won because the incumbent Democrat retired, he lied his ass off about everything, and NY Democrats shit all the beds in the 2022 cycle.

Holy shit! DeSantis was just a speed bag for Newsome.

1 Like

Fox tried to bushwhack Newsom with cherry-picked De Santis-favoring data, and he still took him to the cleaners.

Is Newsom jockeying for Harrisā€™s job?

I think Newsom is smart enough to realize that his window has closed. If the Dems tried to pick a white man over Harris, thereā€™d be hell to pay. Literally, because the epic Dems in Disarray meltdown would let Trump in.

No, heā€™s playing a long game. His sights are on '28.

1 Like

This and/or the VP job if Biden does not last another 5 years.

1 Like

If Biden-Harris wins in 2024, he would be a great complement to Harris as VP in 2028.

Too many Californians.

And Constitutionally illegal. Bush/Cheney notwithstanding.

Technically the President and Vice President can be from the same state, but electors from that state could not vote for them. So Harris and Newsome could run together, but they could not receive Californiaā€™s electoral votes.

1 Like

Constitutionally illegal for other reasons, Iā€™m assuming

What are those reasons?

Newsom would make VP candidate De Santis cry.

Sorry, Iā€™m not an elder and wasnā€™t around the last time a VP was made POTUS (I was born 4 months later), so I assumed the line of succession works for the VP as well