The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

What was the bullshit about the NYT poll? All I took from it was that Biden was weak, not that Democrats were weak, or that Trump was strong. Didn’t a generic Democrat stomp Trump in the poll?

So, my point being is that Dems could have a big night, and that wouldn’t be at odds with that poll.

1 Like

Mea Culpa: I saw reports that Beshear had won and Cameron had conceded. Neither is correct.

Beshear is looking good for it, but the race hasn’t been called. He is increasing his vote share in red and blue counties over his 2019 victory.

Two time Gov of Kentucky would look really good on his Starfleet application.

4 Likes

Beshear stomps MAGAt trump endorsed Cameron in ruby red Kentucky. Nice.

4 Likes

Democratic candidates and progressive ballot initiatives performing well around the country, as they have been since 2018.

How this is bad for Biden

• NY Times, probably
2 Likes

Smug fuckface Tate Reeves is clinging to a 5% margin of victory from 2019 in his re-election bid following his scandal-ridden first term.

In the Jackson area, by far the most populous county which happens to be 70% black, the turnout has been so huge that it overwhelmed polling stations. They’re holding to polls open in the county to allow everyone in line to vote.

Is it just me, or do people seem to be motivated to vote out the GOP? The words of Lindsey Graham continue to echo…

1 Like

Interesting take that applies to all social media, and much of the MSM:

4 Likes

Well, those MAGATs are mental midgets…

2 Likes

In Virginia, Gov. Trumpkin wanted to win back the House to give the GOP control of a unified government. One of the things he was promising is an abortion ban. It’s now being projected that Democrats will hold the House and take the Senate.

People are sick of culture wars and grievance.

2 Likes

On day two of perhaps the worst week (so far) of Trump’s life, Yusef Salaam - one of the Central Park Five - just won election to the New York City council.

3 Likes

Trump should beat Biden roughly 60-40 in the popular vote in ‘24. DemocRATs are becoming more outnumbered day by day.

The anxiety is very deep. Limey is losing sleep every night thinking about it.

3 Likes

Ohio also enshrined abortion rights in the state’s constitution.

The GOP’s extreme culture war is not popular.

2 Likes

Happy Ivanka on the Stand Day to all those who celebrate.

I wonder if Daddy will show up. He didn’t for his idiot sons.

Your “No Shit, Sherlock” Headline of the Week:

The endlessly punchable Reeves hung on to his 5% margin in deep red Mississippi. I’m sure he’ll take this as a “strong mandate” to make women chattel again.

Virginians looked at the first couple of years of Glen Trumpkin’s governorship, and his promises as to all he would be able to achieve with a unified GOP Congress, and turned both chambers blue.

I wouldn’t make too many permanent changes to the governors mansion if I were him.

Speaking of governors in trouble, Sarah Sanders’ lectern-based scandal keeps getting worse. The blogger who first stumbled on the $19,000 “purchase” has since acquired a copy of the [British fop voice] bill of lading. All seems kosher, except for the fact that the company from which the crate was shipped doesn’t sell the type of lectern Sanders claims to have bought and the mystery lectern doesn’t fit into the crate dimension on the bill.

There’s also the whole issue of no one actually ever seeing the lectern in question. Not in Arkansas, anyway. Internet sleuths have been spotting the one Sanders claims to have bought in use around the country, suggesting it’s a generic (cheap) lectern. Still Sanders hasn’t even rolled it out to show the press, she has only ever issued a photo of the thing that looks like it was copied off a website catalog.

While this is all fun and whatnot, there are serious corruption issues here. It seems that Sanders embezzled $19,000 of tax payers’ funds - likely spent on a fun weekend in Paris with her besties - and, when caught, invented a lectern purchase and created a fake paper trail to make it look real. It’s the sort of thing people go to jail for, and the folks in Arkansas don’t seem to find this is funny as the rest of us do.