The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Limey is on a roll with Democrat disinformation. I’m beginning to wonder if he thinks about anything else other than President Trump.

George Santos sent a letter of thanks to congress members who voted this week not to expel him. Jamie Raskin marked it up and sent it back.

He missed the split infinitive in the last paragraph.

1 Like

That’s fucking gold.
Bravo.

Judge Engoron tells Team Trump to keep the name of his law clerk out of their mouth.

F-CA9fEXMAAffMU

2 Likes

That’s one of the best performances by a host I’ve seen in a long time.

1 Like

Your contributions would be more valuable if you offered actual refutations to Limey’s points. Most — if not all — of us believe that Trump is a crook to some degree. The questions are whether that can be proven in a court of law, and if so, whether he will receive commensurate punishment. Rather than regurgitating collections of Biden gaffes, present the arguments in favor of Trump’s acquittal in one or more of his trials.

5 Likes

The problem is that the true Trump supporters will still never believe the convictions. They will say its a conspiracy against him.

Completely brainwashed.

He may end up in prison but will be a martyr.

But at least he won’t be able to be President again.

Let’s face it, if Trump would have rode off into the sunset when Biden took office, none of this would be going on. Democrats are desperate to get him out of the picture. I fully expect assassination attempts on Trump when they are not able to get him put in jail.

I have not seen one person in this thread post the slightest bit of evidence proving that Trump is guilty of anything other than hurting liberals’ feelings.

Karma is a bitch.

On Friday, All Season Press, the independent publisher of Meadows’ memoir, filed suit against the former White House chief of staff alleging he can’t have both ways. In All Seasons’ view, Meadows can’t reportedly tell special counsel Jack Smith that he warned Trump against claiming the election was stolen only to write at length in his memoir that Trump really did win the 2020 presidential election.

They’re suing him for a little over $2 million. How’s your Sunday?

Aaaaaaaaaaaand if you weren’t creeped out before…

As the article points out, aside from the skin-crawling WTFuckery of this, it’s a bit of a security risk to let third party software scan all of your electronics every day and then send another third party details of that scan.

Big day today, and possibly not so big a day. It’s obviously big that a former president is forced to take the stand in his own defense but, if Trump can stick to the script, he should be able to deflect most of the questioning with “I was presidenting at the time.” He famously doesn’t put anything in writing, so receipts will be few and far between.

There is always the possibility of there being some paper evidence to catch him in a lie, and also the possibility that he will lose his shit at some point(s). If I was Judge Engoron’s law clerk, every time Trump answers a question, I would pass a piece of paper to the judge.

1 Like

This is disturbing.

I have seen it speculated that the actual motive behind the ongoing blockade of senior military and civil service posts is to hold them open for Trump to be able to stack them with Trump loyalists immediately upon re-election.

Nov 2024 is truly an existential moment for the United States of America.

Trump doesn’t have the loyalty of the military. No senior military leaders respect him. They respect the office and the Constitutional authority thereof, but they’re not going to lead a coup for Trump. That’s as far-fetched as election interference.

1 Like

This is exactly why he would want a bunch of vacancies at the head of each of the branches. The old adage is that a failed coup that goes unpunished is a dress rehearsal remains true, after all.

The first time around, Trump didn’t realize how easy it would be to corrupt government at all levels, and he waited too long. If he gets another go, he’ll decimate the leadership in the civil service and military, and slather a layer of Trump loyalists over the top of all government functions. This will be so much easier with so many holes to be filled already.

To wit: what if he’d installed Jeffrey Clark as AG before the election? The letter that Clark was set to issue - claiming that the DOJ was aware of serious fraud in the election - would’ve been a nuclear bomb. The only reason that the letter didn’t go out was because Trump waited too long to put Clark in charge.

He won’t make that mistake again and, seemingly, is already getting ready to wipe out democracy on day one.

1 Like

Obama and Biden have proven just how easy it is to corrupt the government.

But again, the military does not respect Trump and will not follow any sort of unconstitutional overreach on his part. They just won’t. He doesn’t have the loyalty of any military person, now or in the future, that matters. The United States Army is not going to do Trump’s bidding. It’s not going to happen. Not for a clown like him.

Maybe so. But if he has “his guys” sprinkled throughout senior military leadership, things are going to get very blurry. Don’t forget that about 50% of his eleventy Chiefs of Staff were ex-military.

Who had “within 15 minutes” for the first time the judge would have to admonish Trump for speechifying from the stand? Because you’d be a winner.

And note, this is not the first time Trump would speechify from the stand, but the first time the judge pulled him up on it. He’d had a couple of goes already before the judge pinged him.

Trump also called Don Jr’ a “good boy”, so today is the best day of Jr’s life.

Agreed on the US Army, but I wonder about certain governors and the National Guard

1 Like