The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Will they bring back the big chair?

1 Like

Elect clowns, expect circuses!

1 Like

Joy Reid completely loses it on air when finding out about the mooted return of McCarthy.

https://x.com/bidenhq/status/1716964138671374599

1 Like

What the hell is Assistant Speaker? Will Jordan have to pick up the dry cleaning?

1 Like

Like clockwork, Trump goes off on a rant against Meadows.

This is like a checklist of things heā€™s not allowed to say under the rules of the partial gag order imposed by Judge Chutkanā€¦except that she suspended the rule while Trump appeals it. Still, heā€™s not allowed to intimidate witnesses regardless of the gag order - itā€™s actually a crime that would violate his pre-trial release conditions.

Fun fact: Jack Smith has asked the court to reimpose the partial gag order while the appeal is pending. That hearing is today. I imagine the above will be exhibit #1.

Lastly, how sycophantic must his entourage be that they still havenā€™t corrected his spelling of ā€œstollenā€.

Vote today for Speaker. Far right wingnut, election denier, and Trump co-conspirator Mike Johnson from Louisiana appears to have the votes. Yay.

The Chaos Caucus was beside itself with glee last night at his announcement.

I guess the ā€œmoderatesā€ have been beaten into line as theyā€™re into the Ps, and no votes bleeding away.

And we have a new Speakerā€¦noted homophobe, election denier, insurrectionist,Biden impeachment leader, and Trump sycophant ā€œMAGA Mikeā€ Johnson!

Every single Republican voted for him, so uniting the GOP wasnā€™t too hard, they just needed to find someone more batshit crazy than Jordan. His main principle of governmentā€™s role is that there should be no separation of church and state. Heā€™ll have two main agenda items: getting Trump back in power and a nationwide ban on abortion with zero exceptions. After the upcoming government shutdown, of which heā€™s a YUGE fan. Will be wild!

Yeah, Iā€™m very surprised by this. Canā€™t ever figure those people out.

Moderate Republicanā€¦ROTL!!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that youā€™re surprised. Their agenda has been clear for years. And the more cruelty they inflict along the way is icing on the cake. How is this a surprise?

3 Likes

Yeah. Heā€™s a bog standard Republican these days.

Trump is back in court today. After a long morning of scowling at Cohen, he couldnā€™t contain himself when presented with a mic as he left for lunch. Heā€™s now in hot water with Judge Engoron for potential violation of the gag order that he has been fined $5,000 for violating previously.

Thatā€™s all true, but I canā€™t shake the idea that there are some that respond to actual political realities. One of the flaws in my thinking is expecting that they react to their Districtā€™s general electorate, but in reality, they only care about winning a primary. Iā€™m also a little shocked at how quickly those in swing districts all get in line, like obedient little fascists.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what to tell you then. Their thinking has been crystal clear. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Mike Johnson is now second in line to the presidency he tried to overthrow.

This is fine.

Engoron fined him $10,000 this time. Itā€™s still peanuts, but itā€™s an escalation.

He did make Trump take the stand and grilled him like a 5-year old on the naughty step.

Mike Johnson is going to be an extreme albatross for any GOP Rep running in a swing district. Because they all voted for him and he is a bona fide right-wing loon.

Enjoy your time in the barrel, Mike.

1 Like

Mike Johnson
Ron Johnson
Ron Jackson

who ya got?

So Trump was put on the stand today to answer to the judge, and Trump reiterated his attack on Engoronā€™s law clerk while on the stand. Engoron said his excuses were not credible, fined him $10,000 and said another violation will incur more severe punishment.

Later that afternoon - after the defense did a good job of showing Cohen to be the liar he always has been - they asked the judge to dismiss the case (that Trump has already lost officially). The judge denied the motion and Trump stormed out of the room, catching even his protection detail off guard.

Trump ranted to the media outside once more about how rigged the trial is. The trial that, I say again, he has already lost. Later Trump was brought back in to talk to the judge. No word on what that was about.

So on a day when his defense actually had a day, the headlines are all about what a diaper-filling, emotionally-stunted man-baby Trump is. And we havenā€™t even got to the criminal trials yet, where he will be required to sit through the proceedings.