The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

SciF- and conservative-bashing. How come I am only now finding this guy?

Jordan falling short in vote #2. Shocker.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 11.32.55 AM

Vote ongoing, but Jordan on pace to get fewer votes than yesterday. Why do they keep going through this process when they know they donā€™t have the numbers?

Given an extra day to work on making more people like him, Jordan gets more people not to like him. He dropped from 200 to 199 votes. If he gets put forward again, itā€™ll be equal parts sad and laughable.

Reminds me of the line about De Santis:

There are people who think that Ron De Santis is a viable candidate for president, and there are people who have met Ron De Santis.

Wow, what an idiot. Biden is no more than a sock puppet being propped up by Democrats (Obama).

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/4262543-biden-approval-rating-near-record-low-in-new-poll/amp/

You donā€™t say?

House goes into recess, because voting is exhausting.

I hope during recess they get to go play on the teeter totters.

4 Likes

Juice boxes all round.

This is the worse legislative branch clusterfuck since - the 1850s. I might be wrong, but I canā€™t think of anything since the ā€œCaning of Sumnerā€ that has been as mean, disruptive, and damaging to our Republic.

Bring back the Whigs!

1 Like

McCarthy is still telling anyone who will listen that this is the fault of Democrats. Unfortunately for McCarthy, even Fox News has stopped listening to him.

Itā€™s going to be hard for Republicans to fix the problem when they have no fucking clue what it is. To wit, Jordan is expected to be re-re-nominated for another round of voting.

While all this GOP micro-dick stomping is amusing, itā€™s not long before the House will need to pass a funding bill. All I can see for now is them blundering right into a government shut-down of which there will be no end.

1 Like

Boy, this is getting tough to watch. Can you imagine what this man would be like near the end of another 4 year term?

Iā€™ve stopped being amused. This happens when an entire political party had degenerated into an authoritarian cult of personality and there are no uniting or organizing principles. We have a Speaker ousted for actually trying, however feebly, to actually legislate, which is the Speakerā€™s job. They canā€™t unify now, like every majority party has for all of U.S. history, because they donā€™t want to build anything, they only want to destroy.

5 Likes

I heard they were also voting on a resolution to grant the acting stooge more power to put some bills forward. Did that fail also?

They didnā€™t vote on that. Jordan still adamant that heā€™ll be on the next ballot so, if elevating (snigger) McHenryā€™s status is on the cards, it seems theyā€™re going to have one more round of Gym Jordan bitch-slapping at least before they try it.

I can see the Dems going for the McHenry ploy, but only when closer to the shutdown and only to allow them to keep the govt open. No reason otherwise to unhoist the GOP from its own petard.

Iā€™m just glad we donā€™t have an old demented crazy drunk like Pelosi in as speaker. She might have been the worst the country has ever had. Good riddance to that crazy treasonous bitch.

This seems cruel.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 1.45.43 PM

Pass the popcorn.

1 Like

Jack Smith continues to make a fool of himself.