The Contenders 2022

No, that’s what Milo used for his vocal cords.

1 Like

So many of the guys who get popped for juicing are bubble guys struggling to save their careers, often guys who come from nothing who never got a big signing bonus and who’ve been grinding it out in the minors just to get their shot. You have to follow the rules, but I sympathize with those guys.

But Tatis got a $300M mega-contract—after his daddy made over $20M in the bigs himself—and he’s doing that shit? Fuck outta here.

2 Likes

For all of our consternation about this team lately, they continue to be the best team in the AL

1 Like

8-14 for the NY American League team. Love it.

16-21 since July 1st

Broadcast is all Judge, all the time.

Chicks still dig the longball, I guess.

It feels strange to see the Orioles on the contenders list.

They have a very 2015 Astros vibe.

6 Likes

Something does seem to have clicked with them. Mike Elias (and Luhnow crew) were about 4 years in in 2015, and this is Elias’ 4th with the Orioles. Maybe that is the incubation period for the template they are using for turnarounds. Would expect some time is needed for systemwide changes in process and player development to bear fruit.

1 Like

IIRC, they have the highest rated farm system in mlb

4 years is a pretty typical timeframe for well run teams. Cubs in 15, Astros in 15, Nationals in 11/12, Braves in 18 all around 4 years. I’ve been thinking about this Orioles team in that way for a while. I thought that this might be the year before contention, a 14 Astros if you will, but they are here now and may be a problem for the next while

If they add to the troubles of the NY American League team, they have my blessing.

7 Likes

Having viable division opponents definitely takes a toll.

Toronto and Baltimore should give FTY trouble.

Hopefully during the remainder of this season.

1 Like

I’ve been saying for years. Chicks do not dig long balls.

2 Likes

The hope that Walker Buehler might return despite a flexor strain and be available for the postseason disappeared with the announcement today that he underwent season-ending elbow surgery. Even without him and Kershaw and Dustin May (soon to be return) LA still has plenty of pitching as witnessed by their recent 12-game winning streak.

ETA:
(I didn’t see the earlier post from Waldo)

Missed a chance to pick up another game tonight…

Make it 11 Ls in last 13 games for the Yankees as Rays shut them down again 3-1 tonight.

1 Like

Toronto beat NYY 9-2

Springer was 5 for 5.

The Yankees have not won back-to-back games this month.

And NYY continue to suck in August, appropriately to the BJs.

Hahahahahaha.

Toronto has now taken the first 3 games of that series in the Bronx and have outscored the “Bombers” 18-4.

Yankee fans even booing Aaron Judge today.

Gerrit Cole takes the LLLLLL.

1 Like