The Contenders 2022

The wiki page for clostebol, the steroid he tested positive for, has the only listing under Side Effects as “80 game suspension”

1 Like

“The shortstop said he inadvertently took a medication that contained the banned substance to treat a case of ringworm.”

Well, that’s a new one.

It does have medicinal uses for the skin and eyes, he may be telling the truth, but he’s still a dumbass

It just can’t be that hard to have your doctor check with the league. Surely they keep a list or can quickly confirm whether a suggested treatment is ok.

1 Like

It’s easy.

World doping agency lists ALL steroids as banned.

This includes glucocorticoids like clobetasol, which are the anti-inflammatory steroids (as opposed to the anabolic steroids we usually associate with PED use).

Yankees continue their tailspin getting knocked off by Boston tonight…

Would you prescribe it to a professional athlete to treat ringworm?

And isn’t that just code for “jock itch”?

#11. And since it’s KC numbers 12 and 13 aren’t exactly out of the question the next couple of days.

In general, no. Ringworm is a fungal infection and could get worse with anti-inflammatory steroids as those suppress the immune response, though the anti-inflammatory effects could lessen the itching. Often ringworm requires an oral medication, but if treated with antifungal ointment. it might contain something like clotrimazole. Some thing does not quite add up.

What I’ve read is that it’s a synthetic anabolic steroid, often used to enhance performance.

And then there is this

Perhaps he got it from a hooker.

I wouldn’t.

It’s a fungal infection so the mainstay of treatment is /drumroll/ antifungal medicine.

But some doctors throw steroids at every rash they see.

(Yes, tinea cruris is jock itch)

clostebol is a testosterone derivative - so an androgen, anabolic steroid. clobetasol is an anti-inflammatory steroid. two different things.

so true.

Tatis got popped for the former

You are right - he said clostebol. I was just reading his statement and realized that. (My clobetasol statements were just in answer to what was asked earlier.) Clostebol for ringworm makes even less sense since it won’t do much for the itching that one could conceivably be trying to address with an anti-inflammatory.

Should have just bought some tough actin’ Tinactin at Walgreens.

3 Likes

Preller wasn’t the only Padre putting Tatis on blast. From The Athletic:

“It’s the second time we’ve been disappointed with him,” said Mike Clevinger, who pitched five innings of one-run ball. “You hope he grows up and learns from this and learns that it’s about more than just him right now.”

“He’s a young kid,” Musgrove said. “He’s going to learn his lessons or whatnot. But ultimately, I think you got to start showing a little bit of remorse and you got to start showing us that you’re committed to it and you want to be here.”

1 Like

I guess my first reaction was when they gave him $300 million plus, did they think he would feel less self-absorbed and entitled?

I would. I promise.

Isn’t that what Blue Star Ointment is for?