2 Likes

I was worried about that.

1 Like

They prefer the term, conjoined twins.

1 Like

Nice

Correa did his job tonight

2 Likes

Besides the 2 run homer, he did this to keep the 2 out runner at 3rd from scoring:

1 Like

Yeah we’re kidding ourselves if we think Peña is on par with Carlos defensively.

1 Like

Well if that’s what your eye test says.

All the defensive metrics say otherwise and it’s not really even all that close.

1 Like

Defensive metrics still have a long way to go and any “stathead” will tell you that

2 Likes

My eyes tell me that Pena is fine at SS, though he can at times get a little sloppy on throws. It also tells me that he doesn’t have the arm that Correa does. That said, he’s fine.

I’m not sure how that jibes with the metrics.

2 Likes

I would add he sometimes is erratic on routine plays. Correa is better, but Peña is just fine.

3 Likes

Agree.

Carlos is a notch above fine.

But fine is fine.

As I’ve said before, over 100 WS champions, and Carlos Correa has only been the SS on one of them.

But it was the only one that matters.

11 Likes

Amen.

#forevergrateful

Lets not forget that Correa 2015-2017 was not the same as Correa 2021 or current Correa

Pena needs to clean up some unforced errors but thats pretty typical of a rookie.

Correa 2015 ( partial year) 13 E .967%
2016 ( 1st full) 14E .978%

Pena: 15E .966%

As for runs saved ( if you value that)

Correa 2015 = 6 per 1200 inn.
Correa 2016 = 5 per 1200 inn.
Pena 2022 = 16 per 1200 inn.

This tells me Pena can play.

Maybe he isn’t Correa, but maybe he is gold glove calibur.

Ozzie Smith committed 69E with .973% his 1st 3 seasons and had no bat to help his value.

1 Like

Rays go in to the Bronx and win 4-2 tonight. Astros up 6.5 and TB is 3.5 back of the Yankees.

Two back in the loss column. Yankees have several more games played.

https://twitter.com/benverlander/status/1569055518391701509?s=46&t=q_r_6_cQpGGOQariRzqIfQ

As far as the Angels go, it is like an old song when signing players throughout history, “If There wasn’t bad luck, I would have no luck at all”