Texans 2023

Coherently assertive is neither and nor a descriptor I would have ever applied to the Texans before this. It might be short-stepped and short-sighted, but man trying at all is such an improvement.

I assume Cal’s presumably batshit messianic wife is behind all of this, and more, but at least it’s something.

1 Like

Nope, by all accounts he and the wife stayed out of it.

Yesterday he said he was involved in the coach hiring (makes sense), but “left [the rest] to the football people”

I think it is just one of those ironic nicknames. Like calling a bald guy “Curly”. Or a huge man “Tiny”.

Reasons.

The HS QB who played with my dad was named “Lightning”, I remember having beers with him and dad a few years ago and I asked about it…they both chuckled and he said “I was slower’n shit.”

My HS football coach called me “Speedy” because I was not.

1 Like

Our coach used to time us running, home to first, home to 2B, 2B to home, etc. One day we were running 2B to home and he was calling out times as we crossed the plate. When I went he yelled out “March, April, May…”. I yelled back with a strait face, “look there, coach, I knocked a few weeks off my time”. It was the only time any user ever made him crack up laughing.

1 Like

After every HS football practice, we ran sprints across the field until the coach got tired of running us. The last thing was a 100 yard sprint/race by position. There were three QBs on the varsity my senior year. I came in third every time. Speedy indeed.

1 Like

My father’s coach told him he ran like a water faucet, real hard just all in one place.

1 Like

My grandfather said something like that to me:

“Jimmy, you run hard but too long in one place.”

3 Likes

Bryce Young at Panthers practice

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/1657075353632768008

Best comment I saw was “he looks like a Make A Wish kid got to take a snap with his favorite team”

2 Likes

Texans already in mid-season form.

Stroud looked much better tonight. Granted, it was against the Saints’ second team, but he threw a few balls right on the money and had a nice TD pass. Encouraging.

Nice to hear. He looked good last week also, imo.

My power went out just before kickoff. Maybe I’ll get a replay on the fox app or the NFL network.

He looked like shit last week, IMO, which was somehow better than he looked the first game. So nice to see him show some improvement

We see things vastly differently. Hope I see it your way on game 3, assuming I ever see it.

Are we ready for some football!?!

Interested in seeing how the rookies do…hoping the team doesn’t get steamrolled

Felt like the ravens D knew what the Texans were running more than the Texans O

Patchwork OL.

That playcall on 4th and 1 was fucking idiotic

Hey at least Stroud completed his first career pass.

1 Like

Well that was a bullshit holding call