Texans 2023

They gave up a ton to move up (#12 & 33 this year, a 1st - we don’t know if ours or the Browns’ - and a 3rd next year; we also got pick #105 this year).

Both these guys better be really good. I like it.

There are a bunch of QBs, but it’s far from certain that any of them will pan out. At least they didn’t take Richardson; he’s going to drive at least one coach to drink.

Levis may do the same

I guess there’s no guarantees, but this is widely considered the best QB class in 40 years. Plus it’s their biggest need. They absolutely had to pick a QB.

Stroud is unbelievably accurate. If he can read a defense he will be at a minimum a huge upgrade over what they have. He could catapult the team’s qb position to somewhere near league average. The other guy could well end up being the best player in the draft, so for now his steep price is something I can live with.

Never once have I heard anything remotely close to this.

Many, many people are saying…

Potential-wise it’s probably true, but there’s questions about all of them

Is this the year of the white suit?

Six quarterbacks were taken in the first round of the 1983 draft—John Elway, Todd Blackledge, Jim Kelly, Tony Eason, Ken O’Brien, and Dan Marino. Three HoFers.

But in this century, 2004z - Eli, Rothliesberger, and Rivers - was much, much more hyped.

Shoot, 3 years ago was considered much better - Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Hurts

1999 had QBs go 1-2-3 Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, and Akili Smith and none of them amounted to much although McNabb did have 4 or 5 good years, the other two were total busts. You never know.

Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown were also drafted in the first round in1999. Culpepper wasn’t horrible, McNown was horrible and was probably drafted based on solely what he did to UT and UH the previous year.

Nice, I didn’t realize that the Texans get Mister Irrelevant this year. May it pan out as well as it did for the Niners last year.

Now that I’ve seen the trade price, it’s not quite as exciting. But any sense of trying is a vast improvement.

Took Tank Dell in the 3rd. I didn’t hear much about Dell coming into the draft, and I found that a bit odd. Anyways, I like this pick.

“Y’all about to get a dog.” That’s fucking great.

He’s been a favorite of mine throughout the Coogs years but now he’s my favorite NFL player. https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1652139193139703809

1 Like

I love that “Tank” Dell is 5’8 1/2" and 165 lbs

He’s a bad ass. It’s guys like that who make being a UH season ticket holder extra fun. He always made an impact and now he gets to do it on the big stage, at home.

2 Likes

At the same size I was at 16 y.o, if you’ve earned the name “Tank” there’s reasons for it.

It’s fun to be excited about the Texans again, yet again, for multiple reasons.