Texans 2021

Not a damn thing.

That’s not what he did to Ray Rice.

Bit of a different situation.

I can’t imagine Watson ever takes another snap for the Texans. Mills has earned to go into camp next year as the starter. But they won’t know what they have with him until they upgrade at all positions, head coach, and OC. They’re a very long way away from making an informed judgement on Mills.

Uh, yeah, Watson will never play for the Texans again, no kidding. We were talking about his trade value.

Totally agree on the rest of the team.

His trade value is zero. Not even a little. Why would you think it’d be anything at all?

They didn’t do anything to Rice until video surfaced.

1 Like

They didn’t do anything to Tyreek Hill. Joe Mixon has a job. They had video on on Kareem Hunt so he got suspended. Goodell is as every bit as servile as Manfred is.

My impression was that his “voluntary” sitting out the season was enough for the NFL and if he could get his legal problems settled, his trade value would be as a top QB.

1. I think his legal issues are far from settled.

2. Even if they are, he’s a pariah for the Texans. Everyone knows that. They have zero leverage. His trade value is basically nothing. They’ll be lucky to give him away.

Curious what changed in the past couple of months, before the deadline, when there were teams interested in trading for him?

Were they actually interested, or were they just saying that they were? If you can find two teams that are actually interested you might have some leverage. But you’ll still only get pennies on the dollar.

He is a pariah to the Texans, but their lack of leverage with him doesn’t matter, they just need two bidders which they’ll easily get cause he’s an elite QB.

You may be right about his legal matters, I haven’t read much on that.

The Texans could take every child of every GM in the league hostage and still get fleeced in the deal.

All the Colts had to do today to make the playoffs was beat the Jags, but they couldn’t even manage that.

Well, the Texans gave it a shot today. It was a long season. Do they have something in Davis Mills? Maybe. Just don’t fuck up this draft, and they’re on the road to getting better.

After other results today, the Steelers would make the playoffs as long as Chargers-Raiders didn’t end in a tie.

That game is now 32-32 with 4:30 left in OT, and an interesting scenario: the winner of that game makes the playoffs, the loser is out… but if they tie, they both advance and the Steelers are out.

So, why would either coach take any chances at this point?

Wow… Raiders past the 50 with under 2:00 left, just keep running the ball, get to a 47 FG try with 3 seconds left… and choose to kick it, sending the Chargers home.

Questionable decision. If the kick had been blocked or the snap fumbled and returned for a touchdown, coach would have ben roasted.

That kick also got them a trip to Cincinnati instead of a trip to Kansas City. Then likely a date with Tennessee, who is NOT a legit Super Bowl contender. It moved them two spots higher in seeding. Not questionable at all, IMO.

1 Like