Texans 2019

Bill O’Brien is Gary Kubiak part two. Average to above average head coach, but not good enough to elevate the Texans from a good team to a great one because he refuses to improve upon his weaknesses.

He’s a stubborn play caller, poor clock manager and typically he and Romeo Crennel coach not to lose instead of aggressively.

You would think O’Brien would have figured out that you beat Tampa through the air and have Watson come out throwing the ball at will. Instead, he stubbornly called a bunch of running plays up the middle.

Crennel still believes in huge cushions and soft defenses when the Texans have a two-score lead late in the fourth quarter, no matter how many times teams score touchdowns with minimal time elapsing.

They are the smartest kid on the short bus.

If the Texans had Bruce Ariens, Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles they’d be 12-3 and staring at the possible #1 slot in the AFC.

With the Chiefs winning last night and home to the Chargers next week, that’s the chance of the #3 seed gone. No need to play anyone important next week; rest up and get ready to play the Bills in two weeks.

Kubes had his faults, but he also had Matt Schaub, or his understudies, and not Deshaun Watson playing QB.

Byron Leftwich would be on my interview list if the Texans ever realize BOB is 90% buttchin and bluster.

Kubiak had Schaub by choice.

For all his faults, there were a couple of years there where Schaub was perfectly capable of running that offense. Had he not gotten hurt in 2011 and had Kubiak not been a football moron the last three weeks of 2012, they had a very good chance at a Super Bowl or two.

On a side note, in case you didn’t know it, Schaub is still in the league.

And even more bizarre…I saw a video the other day of Adam Vinatieri of the Patriots tackling Herschel Walker of the Cowboys.

And he survived?

Thrived even, some would say. Actually, Vinatieri ran Walker down from behind. I had no idea Vinatieri had that kind of speed back in the day.

1 Like

Texans route to the AFC championship game is through Bills and Ravens. Yikes!

However, if the Titans can pick off the Patriots, they will get the Ravens and the Texans would go to KC.

It would normally suck to pull for the Titans but, given the above - and that they’re playing the Patriots - it might actually be fun! *

• assuming the Texans win, which very far from being given.

Anyone know if Fuller is playing? I can’t find the active roster anywhere.

notsureifsrs.jpg

Just saw him on the sideline out of uniform.

The two missed pick-6 opportunities will absolutely come back to bite the Texans in the ass.

And likely ensure a shutout. Damn, dropping a turd in the playoffs once again.

That was a 10-point swing. Painful.

Did anyone think the Texans would win today? Pretty much every prediction I heard had them losing.