Season in jeopardy already?

Start a guy on third base in the second inning.

Stratomatic in the hotel rooms.

They’ll battle it out online in a game of Fortnite.

And Dads pitching.

They were talking about some team, perhaps the Marlins, who had four double headers in the next 10 days.

Remember how Manfred told all players they must stay in their hotels the remainder of the season?

The Indians’ Zach Plesac didn’t listen, and the club sent him home. Manfred should suspend him, but I doubt he has the balls to do so.

Marcus Stroman apparently is opting out now.

Astros batters have likewise opted out, retroactive to the start of the recent road trip.

1 Like

I don’t know the source of this quote, but I saw several people quoting this from a previous Clevinger quote, I guess:

“This isn’t going to be a ‘run to daddy’ kind of thing. We’re going to handle it in-house. This is a player discipline thing. Keep the coaches, front office kind of out of it,” pitcher Mike Clevinger said.

1 Like

Props to Stroman for turning the tables on the owners and opting out as soon as he got his service time for free agency.

3 Likes

The turdinals have played 5 games this season.

They’re going to have to play something like 55 games in 38 days. It’s nuts.

Or 5.

Shut it down, Manfred.

Manfred’s latest macho manifesto:

“I absolutely see a path back for the Cardinals,” Manfred said, according to [Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch) “That is dependent on getting enough days with no positives that we’re comfortable that we don’t have any contagion risk. But 100% I see a path back.”

Absolutely. Well played.

Heyman reports that a Cardinals coach tested positive, and that tomorrow (Friday’s) game will be postponed.

The Cardinals last played a game on July 29th. So far this season they’ve played five games and have had (including tomorrow) 19 postponed.

They’re going by W-L percentage this season, so maybe play fewer games and win those?